New Zealand - Taxes

Dafydd

If you're GST registered and sell goods or services over the Internet from New Zealand to overseas customers, the sale is generally GST zero-rated (0%) If you sell over the Internet to customers within New Zealand, then you must charge 12.5% on all supplies that are not exempt from GST. (see http://www.ird.govt.nz/images/flash/tfb/content/gst/supplies/index.html)

Hi Matthieu

I'm not sure of the answers to your questions: I'm just starting out with PrestaShop and have yet to develop my store, so I'm not entirely sure how it works in this regard. Also, since my business is small and currently not GST registered I am not entirely sure of the requirements. However, as far as I know GST registered businesses MUST clearly show the GST content on the invoice: I believe this can be done either by showing a GST exclusive subtotal, GST amount and Total including GST, or by showing the total amount including GST with a further line stating the 'GST content'.

There has been a move in NZ for websites to show all product prices inclusive of GST - I think this may be a legal requirement now, but I'm not sure.

I had a quick look at the post for Australia and I think that if PrestaShop meets those invoicing requirements then it is probably fine for NZ too, but someone may want to correct me!

Hope that helps.

Dafydd

• 8 months later...