Hi all!

yesterday I installed a new theme and updated prestashop to the newest version 1.6.0.8. But now there is a problem with the zip code field when a customer want to register. For my country it is necessary to use a postcode.

In the back office I checked: - Localization -> Countries -> Netherlands -> Adres format
And I can see that the option postcode is added. But the postcode field does not appear when a customer wants to register. If I make the postal code mandatory, the customer gets an error message that the postcode is missing. (but still don"t have a field for the postal code)

I think it has something to do with the theme I installed.
How can I solve this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Now it is online and I set the postcode not mandatory so a customer can register, but still no postcode field.

(www.RickMarkt.nl)

I did it, but then it is a requierment (customer cannot create an account without entering a postalcode) BUT there is NO field available for the postalcode, so the custumer always gets an error message an cannot create an account.

Now I turned that option off, so it is no longer requierd to enter a postalcode what means that the customer can now create an account without entering a postal code in the non existing field ;)

Is the Netherlands country also configured to "Need zip/postal code", placing in the address format is not enough, you need to define that the Country has postal codes.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi RickMarkt!

I notice it works with you now!

How did you solve the problem ? I have the same problem, but only in Microsoft Internet Explorer. In Google Chrome it works fine.

==update 10-08==

Found the solution:

Changing about all caching modes in PS back office from NO  to YES.

Now postal code (in NL: postcode) is visible in IE at customer registration.

Jeroe

postcode - postal code 

Edited by Jeroe (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Gomler,

I can explain in Dutch as my PrestaShop backoffice is in Dutch.. If you search the ps forum on caching mode, you will get some results on this. Changing the caching mode will affect IE how and if to display certain fields.

Good luck

Yes (looks like it -what you show, seems Danish..-, and on the same page there more options for selecting cache yes/no.

You should play around with yes or no and see the result when refresh IE and see your shop.

I am no expert, but played around with the caching modes in PS back office. Depending on the issue you have, it helps.

For me i had 2 issues with IE: 1 missing zip field. 2. Missing products under 'popular products' .

I could only solve the missing zip field. In some way these issue are linked.

In chrome all works fine.

Good luck.

• 2 years later...