[resolved?] [1.6.0.8] You don’t have the rights to update the myfirstmodule module

PBX_g33k

Hello,

I am developing a new module for PrestaShop and read the docs for the last two days to make sure i followed the guidelines.

After following the tutorial (found here) i get the following error when trying to install said module.

You don’t have the rights to update the myfistmodule module. Please make sure you are logged in to the PrestaShop Addons account that purchased the module.

I have doublechecked my source files and the tutorial steps but without success.

I understand what the error message is saying, but this module is in early development, and having to publish every development changes to PrestaShop would kill efficiency, surely there must be a way to disable/bypass this security measure for development purposes...

[uPDATE]

I installed 1.5 in another directory on the same server and tried to install the same module. 1.5 gave me a more specific error "module not found" which led me to renaming the class of my module.

After changing the classname from CamelCase to lowercase i managed to install the module on 1.5 AND 1.6.

Does this make sense? The documentation states the following:

Class name must follow the CamelCase practice, except that the first letter is uppercase.

and

Let's create a simple first module; this will enable us to better describe its structure. We will name it "My module".

First, create the module's folder, in the /modules folder. It should have the same name as the module, with no space, only alphanumerical characters, the hyphen and the underscore, all in lowercase: /mymodule.

Edited by PBX_g33k (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...