[alternatively SOLVED]discount on 6-pack?

Hi guys,
I'm setting up a wine-e-shop. I want to give a discount on whole boxes (6 bottles).
Thought I could create the wine as a single bottle + a pack with 6 bottles (discount -20%).

BUT:
If I add 1 bottle to my cart and afterwards adjust the quantity to 6 - no discount shows up. Am I doing it the wrong way??

Help would be veryverymuch appreciated - I have to launch the shop NOW :(
http://www.lesediwines.dk/webshop

Yeah, I thought so too... Problem is:

- I set the amount to 6 pcs.
- 1 to 5 are full price / 6 and following are discount

A customer buying 8 pcs. only gets a discount for the 6 of them (because I don't have to re-pack).
If it was my own shop I'd say f*** it, but I'm doing this for a friend and he wants it that way...

Any other ideas?

Unfortunately, I can't think of any good solution to this problem. Without modifying lots of code, the only solution I can think of is to create two separate products: one product that allows the customer to buy by pack of six bottles that has the discount applied (qty 1 = 6 bottles, qty 2 = 12 bottles, etc) and another product that allows the customer to buy individual bottles without a discount. This means it is possible for the customer to buy 6 bottles without getting the discount though, so you'll have to write a message in the description of the products to let the customer know how to get the discount, or you could add the products as accessories of each other and change the text to "Related Products".

• 2 months later...