How to do export csv categories in Prestashop 1.6?

Thank's PSfever.com for answer ;) My main categories is: brake discs and brake pads. I can do export csv categories, but only main categories... I want all categories.

This is categories tree:

Brake pads

- Standard

-- Mark car

--- Model car

- Sport

-- Mark car

--- Model car

Brake discs

- Red

-- Mark car

--- Model car

- Blue

-- Mark car

--- Model car

I can do export, but not all categories, only main categories.

How about exporting tables right from phpmyadmin? What do you need those tables for? Import into another Prestashop?

Or for some other work? You should be able to export .csv files from phpmyadmin, you will just need to link some of the .csv files together.

I got an idea. In your backoffice, Go to Advanced Parameters - SQL Manager and put this syntax as a SQL query.

SELECT * FROM ps_category, ps_category_lang WHERE ps_category.id_category = ps_category_lang.id_category;

This will render you a CSV file with all the columns from your backoffice which are related to categories. You can then delete unnecessary columns right in Excel.

• Like 5

THANK YOU ! (i was following this thread hoping someone would give a solution.)
I entered exactly what you suggested, and it worked PERFECTLY !!!
The resulting csv had ALL my categories AND sub-categories!

Thank you again! The PrestaShop forum ROCKS  :D

I got an idea. In your backoffice, Go to Advanced Parameters - SQL Manager and put this syntax as a SQL query.

SELECT * FROM ps_category, ps_category_lang WHERE ps_category.id_category = ps_category_lang.id_category;

This will render you a CSV file with all the columns from your backoffice which are related to categories. You can then delete unnecessary columns right in Excel.

Edited by Bewitching (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

HI there

Im tired to try migrate from 1.5.6.2 to 1.6...

I already made a presta update but store keeps different data on new presta.

For example the 1.6 theme assume different configuration  regarding the 1.5

Can I migrate just products, clients.. and all needed information from clients? Or just reset after migration the theme?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Once again... The default functionality (such as export/import categories/products) just doesn't work as intended. Why you ask me? Because they need to sell their paid export/import modules.

For me (1.6.0.11) it exports only main categories and above mentioned SQL Query just resulting in error "Unknown error "checkedWhere".

I did that anyway in an external program, but I think it should work as intended out of the box, shouldn't it?

EDIT: that query just denied to work without aliases. So this one works properly now:

SELECT * FROM ps_category as AA, ps_category_lang as BB WHERE AA.id_category = BB.id_category;

I still hope they will fix default export code in BO.

Edited by Serge Goujon (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

Sorry for bumping this old threat but your advise is excellent and I wanted to say thanks!

I have a question though - I want to export all categories and include their text descriptions, but they are in html format with some language specific html characters (such as é) and hence the semi-colon character completely garbles up the exported file since semicolon seems to be the csv cell separator.

How can I export it with another character as cell delimiter?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

hi i am french people , i want to do the same .. export my categories presta 1014

dont work for me , i have replace WHERE by fr

export work , but empty file .. idea ? thank

• 2 months later...

Using this in Prestashop 1.6.1.6 returns "Undefined "checkedWhere" error"

Any idea about whats wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by SunFun (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Same here!

Using this in Prestashop 1.6.1.6 returns "Undefined "checkedWhere" error"

Any idea about whats wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there, the reason why it doesn't export all by default, it's just because of SQL Manager basic request :

By default :

SELECT
								a.`id_category`, `name`, `description`, sa.`position` AS `position`, `active`
			, sa.position position
			FROM `ps_category` a 
			LEFT JOIN `ps_category_lang` b ON (b.`id_category` = a.`id_category` AND b.`id_lang` = 1 AND b.`id_shop` = 5)
			 LEFT JOIN `ps_category_shop` sa ON (a.`id_category` = sa.`id_category` AND sa.id_shop = 5)  
			 WHERE 1   AND sa.`id_shop` = 5  AND `id_parent` = 161 

ORDER BY sa.`position` ASC

You can see the line WHERE 1, by default it's select only sa.`id_shop` = 5, to resolve it just erase this line, and replace by WHERE 1 only, add information you need to export (see below)

SELECT
a.`id_category`, `active`, `name`, a.`id_parent`, a.`is_root_category`, `description`, `meta_title`, `meta_description`, a.`id_shop_default`
FROM `ps_category` a 
LEFT JOIN `ps_category_lang` b ON (b.`id_category` = a.`id_category` AND b.`id_lang` = 5 AND b.`id_shop` = 5)
LEFT JOIN `ps_category_shop` sa ON (a.`id_category` = sa.`id_category` AND sa.id_shop = 5)  
WHERE 1

ORDER BY a.`id_category` ASC

And it's done, thanks for watching

Edited by Fred85100 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hi there, the reason why it doesn't export all by default, it's just because of SQL Manager basic request :

By default :

SELECT
								a.`id_category`, `name`, `description`, sa.`position` AS `position`, `active`
			, sa.position position
			FROM `ps_category` a 
			LEFT JOIN `ps_category_lang` b ON (b.`id_category` = a.`id_category` AND b.`id_lang` = 1 AND b.`id_shop` = 5)
			 WHERE 1   AND sa.`id_shop` = 5  AND `id_parent` = 161 

ORDER BY sa.`position` ASC

You can see the line WHERE 1, by default it's select only sa.`id_shop` = 5, to resolve it just erase this line, and replace by WHERE 1 only, add information you need to export (see below)

SELECT
a.`id_category`, `active`, `name`, a.`id_parent`, a.`is_root_category`, `description`, `meta_title`, `meta_description`, a.`id_shop_default`
FROM `ps_category` a 
LEFT JOIN `ps_category_lang` b ON (b.`id_category` = a.`id_category` AND b.`id_lang` = 5 AND b.`id_shop` = 5)
WHERE 1

And it's done, thanks for watching

thx work good

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,
I need to export all the categories, included their name and link_rexrite.

I tried the solution given above :

SELECT
FROM `ps_category` a 
WHERE 1

But infortunately, some columns are empty : active, name, description... all the values without the alias "a.".

But this is specially the ones I need !

I tried to rewrite this code to obtain the data in my csv files.

Il tried to write :

FROM `ps_category_lang` a

because it's in this table we find the data I need (and I changed some other things in this code...)

I tried to use UNION to have data from the 2 tables `ps_category_lang` and `ps_category`

...but without success...

because I'm not an SQL expert...

I need the list of all the categories with the name, the id and the link_rewrite, to delete many of them, create some new one, and re-organize the tree of categories.

So somenone can help to complete this code (that is an interesting code for beginning).

Regards

Hello,

I need to export all the categories, included their name and link_rexrite.

I tried the solution given above :

SELECT
FROM `ps_category` a 
WHERE 1

But infortunately, some columns are empty : active, name, description... all the values without the alias "a.".

But this is specially the ones I need !

I tried to rewrite this code to obtain the data in my csv files.

Il tried to write :

FROM `ps_category_lang` a

because it's in this table we find the data I need (and I changed some other things in this code...)

I tried to use UNION to have data from the 2 tables `ps_category_lang` and `ps_category`

...but without success...

because I'm not an SQL expert...

I need the list of all the categories with the name, the id and the link_rewrite, to delete many of them, create some new one, and re-organize the tree of categories.

So somenone can help to complete this code (that is an interesting code for beginning).

Regards

How to get images url's of each category?

Hi,

I will list step of the process I use for each export from prestashop admin :

First :

category-list.jpg

Next :

category-export.jpg

Now if we start from the code I pasted before :

SELECT
FROM `ps_category` a 
WHERE 1

If I need to export name and link_rewrite values like marie12 wants just change :

SELECT
a.`id_category`, `active`, `name`, `link_rewrite`, a.`id_parent`, a.`is_root_category`, `description`, `meta_title`, `meta_description`, a.`id_shop_default`
FROM `ps_category` a 
LEFT JOIN `ps_category_lang` b ON (b.`id_category` = a.`id_category` AND b.`id_lang` = 1 AND b.`id_shop` = 1)
LEFT JOIN `ps_category_shop` sa ON (a.`id_category` = sa.`id_category` AND sa.id_shop = 1)  
WHERE 1

if your fields are empty your id_lang and your id_shop can be false, you need to change it or to export every language and shop, delete the id_lang and id_shop values :

SELECT
a.`id_category`, `active`, `name`, `link_rewrite`, a.`id_parent`, a.`is_root_category`, `description`, `meta_title`, `meta_description`, a.`id_shop_default`
FROM `ps_category` a 
LEFT JOIN `ps_category_lang` b ON (b.`id_category` = a.`id_category`)
LEFT JOIN `ps_category_shop` sa ON (a.`id_category` = sa.`id_category`)  
WHERE 1

For miki22, I don't know, i didn't found in which tab the category get the id_image, sorry... maybe an other people can help you.

• 1 month later...

Hi I need help  to make a csv files for my categories but I am unable to do after 1 subcategory

I need category-subcategory-sub-subcategory

for example:

Mens

-Tops

-- T-Shirts

--- Round neck

--- Full Sleeves

-- Dress Shirts

--- Casual Wear

--- Office Wear

Womens

-- T-Shirts

-- Kurta

-- Dresses 

--- Party Wear

--- Casual Wear

Please Help

• 1 month later...

I had to jump back in and once again thank PSfever.com for sharing his SQL query!
(I am not syntax  savvy at all. I can find stuff if need be, but to put together a query? Not a chance  :unsure: )
I am building a new store on Presta 1.7 but wanted to use my old categories and subcategories from my soon to be closed old site.
It would take me hours to hand type all that crap all over again.
I just ran the query, and in mere seconds I had a csv with a complete list of categories, subcategories and all their descriptions.

Old store running ver. 1.6.1.12

Once again, the PrestaShop forum rocks!

PSfever.com, on 08 Jul 2014 - 3:57 PM, said:snapback.png

THANK YOU ! (i was following this thread hoping someone would give a solution.)
I entered exactly what you suggested, and it worked PERFECTLY !!!
The resulting csv had ALL my categories AND sub-categories!

Thank you again! The PrestaShop forum ROCKS  :D