Product Pictures (Animated GIFs) keep uploading as JPEGs! Help? :(

Thank you to anyone who takes a moment to read my issue and hopefully give a few words of assistance.

I'm currently using Version 1.2.2.0 - 0.546s (not sure if I should update or if there's one yet... guess I should look).

I am trying to upload animated GIFs for my products and I've seen other Prestashop sites do this. The Image upload even states that it supports GIF files. YET.... every time I upload a picture, it uploads it as a JPEG instead, thus canceling the animation naturally.

Now I'm not sure if this is because the file is being pulled from my harddrive to the website, but I can't find any other way to upload images. The entry field won't let me simply type in an image's location on my website.

Does anyone know a solution to this issue?

Thank you SO much again to anyone who can help me! This is driving me nuts! :P

Anyone know? :/

If it helps... an example would be that I'm trying to upload from my pc file name... "6112589.gif" but Prestashop is changing the gif file to something along the lines of "110-85.jpg". Thus canceling out the animated gif. How do I keep Prestashop from transforming my files from gifs to jpegs when the uploader clearly states that it supports gifs..?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...