One Page Ajax Checkout - Need Testing Help.

Hey All,

I've created a new one page Ajax checkout and I need some testing help.

For now the Carrier and payment modules are hardcoded into the page but I will attempt to modularize this checkout version if I can get it stable in all the major browsers. I'm particularly interested in IE6 since my site's customers are in the dark ages still.

Anyway the demo store can be found at:

http://ps.lmwood.com

Have a run through the checkout and let me know what you think and please report all / any problems.

If everyone can report the browser they used with the version number that would be amazing.

e.g.
Mozilla Firefox: Version 3.5.5

Cheers,
Lee.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention that will need testing. Checkout once to create your account. Then logout and checkout again a second time. It should ask you for your password providing you use the same email address.

Tested Working OS/Browsers:

PC:

Firefox: Version(s) 3.5.5, 3.5.3
Opera: Version 9.80
Internet Explorer: Version 8.0.6001
Internet Explorer: Version 7.0.6000.16890
Google Chrome: Version Unknown

-----------------------------------

Mac:
Safari: Version 4.0.3
Firefox: Version 3.5.5
Google Chrome: Version 4.0.237.0

-----------------------------------

Bugs
All Browsers - Invalid Token on hitting the browser back button.

14332_YqcgeDBiANyopagrbec9_t

Hi Lee,

That looks very good indeed, the only thing i could see was that the costs in the payment part was over to far to the right. It was half in the grey and white and also the check box i think needs to be a little bigger for same as shipping address but otherwise first class work. Which version of PS is this for?

Regards,

Mark

Hi,

I will help testing:

bug #1: Whatever I choose for country, it tells "county is invalid" all the time. "county" is from the js alert, not my tpyo. I think it should be "country" instead. (winxp sp3, ff3.5.3)

Regards,

14334_cgj5eZJWcC7DqGVu5UPh_t

Mark,

I'll look at the different versions when modularizing the code and will try and release a module that is backwards compatible.

I'll add IE 7 to the list. Do you have a version number for the IE 7 your using? Normally found in "Help > About" on most browsers.

@12 Bug1 : "County" is the correct word / spelling its the UK equivilent of "State" (sort of) , I'll look into why its coming up as invalid.

Bug 2: Thats the correct behavior. As the payment method I'm using to test is just cash on delivery. So no payment is required.

When going back, "invalid token" pops out. And going forward, it seems ok to continue the checkout. But I don't think the MyAccount Block should be there. Why not hide it?

ff3.5.3

Why hide the my account block? since you have just ordered and want to see your order history. It would be a step backwards to deny the user this functionality imo.

Carriers will be added once this is modularized, its really just WIP atm.

Because user just simply wants to buy a product. They don't want their informations stored or kept. As you can see from the attached images, there are many addresses during my testing. I don't think that's sense of anonymous.

Instead, if users want to be a faithful customer for any reasons, they will register!

14338_cUHPAtqvnzGCDdpbZayg_t

ok I think you got me wrong. This is a replacement to the whole checkout process. It's not simply an "Expess Checkout" page. Even if your registered it goes through the same page.

Once you have gone through the checkout process you have created an account and are logged in. You shouldn't however have that many addresses added to your account. There must be a bug to do with the billing address once you are logged in.

Lo there,

Works fine for me on Mozilla Firefox: Version 3.5.5

Awesome module this! Very simple yet sexy looking.

Just a suggestion:

Next to "County" can you add Province/State ?

Nicely done !

Regards.

It looks great, I used IE8. But I noticed the following issues:

You set the phone field as a required field. But when I skipped it, the order went throught with no problem.

We need a state field for the address.

Where can the customers put in the vourcher number?

Can the cusotmers chose the shipping ?

Summary page also shows cart contents.

Shipping:
Options will be available once its been modularized. At the moment for testing purposes the shipping carrier is fixed.

Payment:
The payment is set to cast on delivery also for testing purposes.

Phone required:
I'll look into this as it should be required.

Vouchers:
These are not yet included but I am going to add them very soon. (today maybe).

Hi lmwood,

this is an excelent express checkout module, the best I have seen until now.
It works excelent on IE8 (8.0.7600.16385).
Will this be shared with the comunity when is done?

thanks and best regards.

x

lmwood:

Looks awesome, one thing i think you should do is to release the module as a "unstable/beta" for testing. This because we all together can work on it and make one big, bugfree module/function/replacement.

This one-page-checkout is the best one i've seen so far. I would gladly try it and give my programming skillz to make it better. But, i cant really find any huge buggs.

Do you have plans to release this in the near future?

Thanks

Hi there,

Simply stunning this mod, the more I look at it!

Will it work with all shippers and payment modules as set from the Back Office?
Payment method: I have customised the wording for Bank Wire to suit my needs and also have cash option.
Shipping Carrier: I have store pickup and a simple postage system where I will get back to my clients with shipping costs.

The reason I need to get back to my clients with shipping costs is because no outgoing package is ever the same and we have loads of configurations for packaging.

Regards,

Nice work! In firefox 3.5.5 it reads "Admin order" above the price in red at the bottom of the checkout page in step 3. Can't wait until you release it, to try it out. :)

Awesome. Great job... really great.

Even if you can't modulize, please contribute. Hopefully the PrestaShop devs will accept your patches.

Few comments:
* Choice of shipping missing.
* Accept of terms missing
* Voucher missing
* Choice of payment method missing. (I guess payment modules should be rewriten to use this layout)

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is a project that will not be released.
Don`t heard anything anymore about this module so probably a dead end.
Could have be something nice.

ysco..

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Imwood, will you be releasing this at any point in the future?

You've made an excellent module and i'm desperate to play with it. Can't you release the code you have so far? I can finish it off, i just don't have enough spare time to make it from scratch.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...