[module] Gift card - sell voucher codes for PrestaShop 1.7 1.6 1.5 1.4

Gift card certificates - module to sell voucher codes

this prestashop module allows you to sell gift card certificates in your shop. Your customers will be able to order them and give a gift for friends, family, etc. Whole process is automatic, with addon you can specify detailed settings of voucher codes. You can create as many gift card types as you want. Everything depends on you :-)

Module has many features to improve selling gift cards process
For example you can sell predefined gift codes (uploaded manually by you to module's database) or sell automatically generated codes (you can personalize codes with advanced voucher configuration tool).

Each gift card that customer will have possibility to order in your shop can use own unique email template or have own unique pdf file template. 

There are much more great stuff - you can find details on addon page.

trusted-addon.png

gift-certificate-card-prestashop-big-cov

Gift card certificates - module to sell voucher codes

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

Hello Vekia,

Module looks great and useful .

Are there also certificate images available in psd in your module to choose from ?

Regards,

ysco..

Hello Vekia,

Thanks for your reply.

But the image in your demo is included or not, not a big deal as this can be found on Google.

Think I will purchase the module next week.

Regards

ysco..

Vekia, how does the buyer specify the name and email address for the person they've purchased the gift for? Also, I assume there's a separate email template for gift cards?

hello

at the moment only buyer receive gift card email,

but currently we are in developing process where we will add feature from "my account" section to:

- specify desing of the gift card

- buyer will be able to send gift card to friend

Thanks, Vekia. I'll keep an eye on this thread for updates. Until then, I'm probably going to implement a manual gift card product using custom fields.

One more request.. how about a drop-down box (or text field) where the buyer can choose the desired gift card amount? This way we wouldn't have to make 5+ giftcard products for multiple values.

you mean that you want to create product with attribute (for example attribute "voucher value" with several options)

and then, based on attribute customer bought - grant correct gift card?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

new version released! we added feature to manage gift certificates, now customers can see what gift certificates they bought and also then can send them (certificate cards) directly to their friends!

check how easily you can send gift certificate to friend

• 4 weeks later...

you mean that you want to create product with attribute (for example attribute "voucher value" with several options)

and then, based on attribute customer bought - grant correct gift card?

This would be a must have option for me too. No sence making several different products (gifts) with different amounts.

This kind of attribute option is not available in the module?

Hi vekia! 

Do you have any plans to implement those things that abdulk requested? I myself am interested if you can add these. 

Implement a manual gift card product using custom fields.

How about a drop down box (or text field) where the buyer can choose the desired gift card amount? This way we wouldn't have to make 5+ gift card products for multiple values.

Best regards

MacRoy

Edited by MacRoy (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Vekia, 

I have one question. 

If i don't wan appear vouchers in home page after i add, It is possible this ?

BR,

C

you mean customer account page?

if so you can simply unhook module from hookMyAccount under modules > positions tab in back office.

you mean customer account page?

if so you can simply unhook module from hookMyAccount under modules > positions tab in back office.

Hello Vekia, 

I start the store. 

And today I wan put another vocuher - chrismas voucher - and i don't see this voucher on home/index site. I wan see only behin the button: gift

On home page i wan see only my products.

BR,

C

• 4 weeks later...

Hey vekia,

Great module. I am looking at using it for one of my clients. Is it possible to modify the look of the gift card and email that is sent?

I need to specify the value of the coupon , is it possible?

+1. I would like to know this as well.

gift certificate module for prestashop upgraded
added new variables to the emails, now you can use variables:
- {voucher_date_from} - date from which code will be active
- {voucher_date_to} - voucher expiry date
- {voucher_value} - value of the coupon code
- {voucher_description} - description of the coupon code

• 3 weeks later...

Hi vekia! 

Do you have any plans to implement those things that abdulk requested? I myself am interested if you can add these. 

Implement a manual gift card product using custom fields.

How about a drop down box (or text field) where the buyer can choose the desired gift card amount? This way we wouldn't have to make 5+ gift card products for multiple values.

Se picture

Best regards

MacRoy

post-413956-0-18655700-1416580620_thumb.jpg

it's a quite problematic thing

especially because in prestashop virtual products can't have.... attributes

i can create feature like that but then, it will work only when product will not be "virtual" product

so customer will have to select carrier during order process..

Hi vekia!

Thanks for your response!

I understand that this is not easy to implement, but a man of your knowledge can certainly get to this!

I can guarantee you that you will get many customers if you can fix this!

Best regards

MacRoy

yes i know that it is possible ;D

but in this case we have to come to a compromise

i can add this option, but only for not virtual products

i want to avoid core changes :-)

• Like 1

Hi!

I understand it vekia!

Is it possible to fix so that the customer determines the amount on the gift card? 

If you can fix this then we have a solution!

Best regards

MacRoy

several days ago i released upgrade

- module contains feature to define "from" field, when customer want to send gift to friend.

Hi Vekia, thank's for the upgrade of the module, i have installed the 1.2.4.7 and work fine.

where i can put this field in the mail that i send to friend? isn't nice "someone bought a present for you.."

gift certificate module for prestashop upgraded

added new variables to the emails, now you can use variables:

- {voucher_date_from} - date from which code will be active

- {voucher_date_to} - voucher expiry date

- {voucher_value} - value of the coupon code

- {voucher_description} - description of the coupon code

I bought the module on October 10, can I download the updated version?

I bought the module on October 10, can I download the updated version?

yes you can, for free

you can download new version in the same way as you downloaded it first time.

Hi, Im Andrea Brescia of Altercom Italia S.r.l.

I've paid and downloaded module "Gift Card".

I've installed on my Prestashop 1.5.6.1 and installation is ok.

But, when i tried to create a Gift card/Voucher, I've this error page:

[PrestaShopException]

Property Configuration->name length (33) must be between 0 and 32

at line 837 in file classes/ObjectModel.php

832. $message = $this->validateField($field, $this->$field);

833. if ($message !== true)

834. {

835. if ($die)

836. throw new PrestaShopException($message);

837. return $error_return ? $message : false;

838. }

839. }

841. return true;

ObjectModelCore->validateFields - [line 255 - classes/ObjectModel.php] - [0 Argument]

ObjectModelCore->getFields - [line 455 - classes/ObjectModel.php] - [0 Argument]

ObjectModelCore->add - [line 360 - classes/Configuration.php] - [2 Arguments]

ConfigurationCore::updateValue - [line 604 - modules/giftcertificate/voucherengine/engine.php] - [2 Arguments]

giftcertificateVoucherEngine::updateVoucher - [line 270 - modules/giftcertificate/giftcertificate.php] - [2 Arguments]

giftcertificate->getContent - [line 685 - controllers/admin/AdminModulesController.php] - [0 Argument]

AdminModulesControllerCore->postProcessCallback - [line 811 - controllers/admin/AdminModulesController.php] - [0 Argument]

AdminModulesControllerCore->postProcess - [line 158 - classes/controller/Controller.php] - [0 Argument]

ControllerCore->run - [line 348 - classes/Dispatcher.php] - [0 Argument]

DispatcherCore->dispatch - [line 53 - admin2014/index.php] - [0 Argument]

I've just modified "number of words of short description" at 3000 in Preferences-->Products, but error appear again.

Please solve my problem. Thanks

Hi, Im Andrea Brescia of Altercom Italia S.r.l.
I've paid and downloaded module "Gift Card".
I've installed on my Prestashop 1.5.6.1 and installation is ok.
But, when i tried to create a Gift card/Voucher, I've this error page:

[PrestaShopException]

Property Configuration->name length (33) must be between 0 and 32

832. $message = $this->validateField($field, $this->$field);
833. if ($message !== true)
834. {
835. if ($die)
836. throw new PrestaShopException($message);
837. return $error_return ? $message : false;
838. }
839. }
841. return true;
ObjectModelCore->validateFields - [line 255 - classes/ObjectModel.php] - [0 Argument]
ObjectModelCore->getFields - [line 455 - classes/ObjectModel.php] - [0 Argument]
ObjectModelCore->add - [line 360 - classes/Configuration.php] - [2 Arguments]
ConfigurationCore::updateValue - [line 604 - modules/giftcertificate/voucherengine/engine.php] - [2 Arguments]
giftcertificateVoucherEngine::updateVoucher - [line 270 - modules/giftcertificate/giftcertificate.php] - [2 Arguments]
giftcertificate->getContent - [line 685 - controllers/admin/AdminModulesController.php] - [0 Argument]
AdminModulesControllerCore->postProcessCallback - [line 811 - controllers/admin/AdminModulesController.php] - [0 Argument]
AdminModulesControllerCore->postProcess - [line 158 - classes/controller/Controller.php] - [0 Argument]
ControllerCore->run - [line 348 - classes/Dispatcher.php] - [0 Argument]
DispatcherCore->dispatch - [line 53 - admin2014/index.php] - [0 Argument]

I've just modified "number of words of short description" at 3000 in Preferences-->Products, but error appear again.
Please solve my problem. Thanks

problem already solved

it was related to prestashop 1.5 and recently released module upgrade

i added fixes and now everything is allright.

enjoy!

new version ready to download

- this update contains several minor fixes related to translations

- and one minor fix related to emails. Now module will send mail with proper language (related to language of order)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
new version of the gift card module is ready to download
- added translations related to emails
- added new way of how coupons are generated. Now, when someone will order for example 5 gift cards - module will generate 5 separated coupons and send 5 separated emails too

How I can change the email subject lang? Always get "Your Gift Certificate" in English

hello

you can do it under localization > translations > email translations section.

make sure that you downloaded last version of the module

i added several improvements related to this, 

should help.

• 3 weeks later...

new version released

- added improvements related to selectboxes on voucher code settings page, now these selectboxes contains scrollbars and you will be able to select list elements in much comfortable way

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Vekia,

is it possible to customize the email template associated with each gift card ?

i.e

• Gift card with the name "50 EUR Gift Card" --> has its own email template (specifically, the one that is sent to friends)
  • Gift card with the name "Valentine Gift Card" --> has its own email template (specifically, the one that is sent to friends)

This module is very promising..!

Hello Vekia,

is it possible to customize the email template associated with each gift card ?

i.e

• Gift card with the name "50 EUR Gift Card" --> has its own email template (specifically, the one that is sent to friends)
  • Gift card with the name "Valentine Gift Card" --> has its own email template (specifically, the one that is sent to friends)

This module is very promising..!

hello

new version contains this feature

im testing new release right now

i think that during the weekend new version will be available to download

i think that you already contacted with me via email

thank you for brilliant suggestion :-)

Hello Vekia,

Thanks for this great module. One question though, i changed the format of the following template custom_friend_1.html, the file has been totally changed but when i tried it (sending gift card to someone) i still received the old email layout.

I've tried to:

• Set template cache to "Force Compilation"
  • Disable "Cache"
  • Delete the content of cache > smarty > cache & cache > smarty > compile.

But, none of the above are working and i am still getting the old format.

EDIT: *I HAVE SOLVED THIS PROBLEM*

Edited by sibrodo (see edit history)

module checks if template exists

if not - sends default one

this means that  temapltes doesnt exist

please verify if you have both: .txt and .html file (it's necessary) and if you have also these files in /theme/your-theme/modules/ in module /mail/ directory.

Yes i have the .txt and .html under ../module/giftcertificate/mails/en/ and ../module/giftcertificate/mails/{my_localization_lan}

but i don't have it under:

• /theme/{my-theme}/modules/ since there is no giftcertificate folder inside this.
  • ../mails/en and ../mails/{my_localization_lan}/ (i think this is the mail template folder used by presta system.

If i have to create these two files under /theme/{my-theme}/modules/ what is the folder structure do i have to create inside it?

hello

so if you have files there - everything in this case is alright.

it's worth to mention that:

- if someone bought gift certificate - shop stores information about what kind of theme was associated with this particular gift card, so prestashop will use this saved template even if you will switch associated theme as a shop administrator

Hello Vekia,

I keep getting a blank page error (HTTP 500), when i create a new gift card. I am 100% sure that the following condition is met:

1. Create a product for the gift card
  2. Create the gift card certificate and assign it to the product created on step #1
  3. Create the email template (both for the buyer and the gift recepient), and i created all the templates required for my localization language. And make sure it is under:

/modules/giftcertificate/mails/en (and my other lan folder)

But, when i (as a buyer) try to send the gift from this page:

gift_cert.png

when i clicked "Send" button, instead of getting a success message i am presented with a blank white page.

This is the response from Firebug:

500 Internal Server Error

firebug.png

Your module is great, it's just that there is this small hiccup. I've tried to set this: define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

Yet i am still getting no valuable message, it still gives me a blank white page.

Just a little info, the module is able to send the notification email to the sender [Mail template (gift owner)]

And after digging a little further on the code, somehow this bit of code is not executed properly:

if (Mail::Send($id_lang, $giftcertlist->mail_template_friend, Mail::l('Gift voucher from friend', $id_lang),
                  $templateVars, strval(Tools::getValue('femail')), NULL, strval(Configuration::get('PS_SHOP_EMAIL', null, null, $id_shop)), 
                  strval(Configuration::get('PS_SHOP_NAME', null, null, $id_shop)), NULL, NULL, dirname(__FILE__).'/../../mails/',
                  false, $id_shop))
        {
          $this->context->smarty->assign(array('gift_sent' =>1));
        }

Can you help me with this? I really need this modules and i've come so far...

Cheers

Edited by sibrodo (see edit history)

Hello Vekia,

I keep getting a blank page error (HTTP 500), when i create a new gift card. I am 100% sure that the following condition is met:

1. Create a product for the gift card
  2. Create the gift card certificate and assign it to the product created on step #1
  3. Create the email template (both for the buyer and the gift recepient), and i created all the templates required for my localization language. And make sure it is under:

/modules/giftcertificate/mails/en (and my other lan folder)

But, when i (as a buyer) try to send the gift from this page:

gift_cert.png

when i clicked "Send" button, instead of getting a success message i am presented with a blank white page.

This is the response from Firebug:

500 Internal Server Error

firebug.png

Your module is great, it's just that there is this small hiccup. I've tried to set this: define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

Yet i am still getting no valuable message, it still gives me a blank white page.

Just a little info, the module is able to send the notification email to the sender [Mail template (gift owner)]

And after digging a little further on the code, somehow this bit of code is not executed properly:

if (Mail::Send($id_lang, $giftcertlist->mail_template_friend, Mail::l('Gift voucher from friend', $id_lang),
                  $templateVars, strval(Tools::getValue('femail')), NULL, strval(Configuration::get('PS_SHOP_EMAIL', null, null, $id_shop)), 
                  strval(Configuration::get('PS_SHOP_NAME', null, null, $id_shop)), NULL, NULL, dirname(__FILE__).'/../../mails/',
                  false, $id_shop))
        {
          $this->context->smarty->assign(array('gift_sent' =>1));
        }

Can you help me with this? I really need this modules and i've come so far...

Cheers

hello

please send me ticket to support [at] mypresta [dot] eu

i don't know your email address - this is why im asking about that

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I just installed and setup your module. Everything seems to be fine but when I wish to finalize an order shipping costs are added. Gift card is setup as a virtual product. Could you give me any suggestion how to fix this issue. It only happens when I I have non-virtual product and gift cart in the card. Shipping cost is counted twice.

Edited by Inarus (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

new version of the module is ready to download

current version is : 1.2.9

added improvements to section related to gift card definition

now you can also provide product ID

i added also minor fixes to gift card send to friend process.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just bought and installed the gift card module for a shop running PS 1.6.0.14. I have set up the products and then gone to set upi the vouchers throught the module. However when I save the voucher it does not appear in the list as it does on your video - it hasn't ben saved. What is wrong?

I have just bought and installed the gift card module for a shop running PS 1.6.0.14. I have set up the products and then gone to set upi the vouchers throught the module. However when I save the voucher it does not appear in the list as it does on your video - it hasn't ben saved. What is wrong?

hello

can you please verify if you received my email where i explaind what to do? :-)

On another note, is there anyway to show the voucher code generated alongside the order in the back office so that the voucher code can easily be found if the user loses it? I have disabled the my account 'gifts I bought' page as it is not responsive and looks a mess. In addition, it is no good for those that checkout as a guest and so cannot be relied upon for locating the voucher code.

• 3 weeks later...

new version of gift cards module is ready!

1. i improved the gift voucher configuration tool. Now you can search products in a handy way. You can use ID of product, reference number or product name. List of products is much longer now with scrollbar, so searching of products will be much user-friendly now.
  2. i added CSS (appearance) tweaks for input forms on module configuration page
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

new version of the module is ready

- added minor fixes related to module installation proces in prestashop 1.6.x

- added new template for email that is send to friend (you can select it, or other template) 

wOoxtbe.png

of course you can customize this email template to fit your expectactions :-)

I still haven't received anything from you Vekia :(  And I really need that VAT invoice too.

to get an vat invoice fill out form near your order on 'my orders' section

I still haven't received anything from you Vekia :(  And I really need that VAT invoice too.

hello

as i mentioned several messages above - i sent you an answer to your question via support service (TICKETS)

this is the best and quickest way to get support, 

im not reading forums all the time :(

hello

as i mentioned several messages above - i sent you an answer to your question via support service (TICKETS)

this is the best and quickest way to get support, 

im not reading forums all the time :(

Yes but I hadn't received any of those emails!!

I do finally have the VAT invoice though after filling out the request form about 3 times!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I have set up the products and then gone to creat the vouchers throught the module.

when I save the voucher it does not appear in the list ? I have also send you a message on your website. And another question, if a customer buy a gift card of 100€, is he going to use at once or he may use it multiple times ? 

thank you 

• 1 month later...

Hello, I have set up the products and then gone to creat the vouchers throught the module.

when I save the voucher it does not appear in the list ? I have also send you a message on your website. And another question, if a customer buy a gift card of 100€, is he going to use at once or he may use it multiple times ? 

thank you 

hello

on module configuration page please open "upgrade check" section

module will apply all necessary fixes, then you will have possibility to create new gifts without problems

new version of the module is ready to use

- better multishop support

- fixes related to vouchers generation process for prestashop 1.4.x

bonjour

le seul souci c ets que si j applique une réduction sur les t shirts (uniquement)

que j ai 2 t shirts et une robe dans mon panier

la réduction se fait sur le panier entier (même sur la robe)

si je n ai que la robe, elle ne se fait pas

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome! Can I use my own gift card designs? 

module allows to use unlimited number of email templates - so in this case - yes you can use own desings :-)

I had a terrible experience with Vekia buying this module. Don't deal with this guy.  I posted about it here and see now that my post was deleted. There must have been other disatisfied customers, regular operating procedure for him I guess.

Edited by Dan1 (see edit history)

I had a terrible experience with Vekia buying this module. Don't deal with this guy.  I posted about it here and see now that my post was deleted. There must have been other disatisfied customers, regular operating procedure for him I guess.

Care to explain what happened?

I have received nothing but 5 star service from vekia.

• 1 month later...

new version of gift card module is ready to use

- added improvements to voucher generation process

- added fixes to carriers selection tool, now it selects carriers (as a voucher restriction) properly

have you sent the support request ? what is your ticket id?

Hello,

I'm using the 1.2.4.1 version of your module and I'm getting a problem with the {voucher_value} variable in the email cause it's printing always the same value.

Can you please help?

Thank you in advance,

Patrizia

if you will update module to the recent version all the problems you have will be solved.

updates are free

• 1 month later...

major upgrade of gift card module is ready to download. Added several improvements related to module workflow and updated some things.

- updated module translations for languages: French, English, Italian, Polish, German, Dutch, Spanish (added missed translations too)

- updated the way of how module sends emails. Now you can define title of the email during gift card creation process.

- each gift card can have own unique email title and email template, so you can personalize types of cards.

- due to the major changes new version requires reinstallation of the module (no worries, you will not lose options you defined before)

• Like 1

Hi vekia.

I download this new updated module and did a fresh new installation, but i got this (Error all the time) Cupong code is not valid. I didn't have an earlier version installed.

I use Prestashop 1.6.1.4

Do you have a fix for this?

Best regards

MacRoy

• 1 month later...

Hi, I bought this module and did as shown in the video. I created a product for a Voucer as a virtual product. The price of the product is 40 Sek excl. taxes. The total price is 50 Sek incl. taxes. However when I try to buy the voucher in my shop a get a payment error, that says you paid 50 Sek for a 45 Sek product. So the ordemodule think the product only costs 45 Sek and this i only happening when i Use your module, please help!

Hi, I bought this module and did as shown in the video. I created a product for a Voucer as a virtual product. The price of the product is 40 Sek excl. taxes. The total price is 50 Sek incl. taxes. However when I try to buy the voucher in my shop a get a payment error, that says you paid 50 Sek for a 45 Sek product. So the ordemodule think the product only costs 45 Sek and this i only happening when i Use your module, please help!

hello Patrik

i received your email, i will reply on support system and after all - post solution here