Payment Error when special offers in cart

I know this has been mentioned on other posts, although Paypal seems to be getting the blame, but I haven't seen a fix for it.
I've experience this 'Payment Error', for the first time yesterday. There was 1p difference between the cart total, and the price charged by paypal. The amount that was paid through paypal was the correct amount tho. The problem is with the shopping cart, not paypal. The customer had bought four of a product that was on special offer, and the cart total was calculated at 4 x £2.85 = £11.39 instead of £11.40. This only seems to happen with reduced items, not standard priced ones. And it only happens when 3 or more are purchased, with only 2 items it's fine.
The other problem that is being caused of course, is that although the order appears in admin, the stock holdings are not reduced!
Please can someone fix this?
:)

Ive also had on sale items result in a complete error at checkout not allowing the payment to process. I think this is a bug in prestashop because once i removed the percentage discount, the order went through without a problem. Unfortunately this means I need to remove the on sale discounts for 100+ items so as not to interrupt our normal business until a fix is posted.