Importing CSV Product file with Custom Feature fields

post-363700-0-22691400-1404163209_thumb.jpgProducts_Test_Import.zippost-363700-0-39060500-1404166447_thumb.jpgMay Day May Day!! But it's the end of June. I'm pressed, I mean I'm stuck in PrestaShop. This is a SOS calI. Can anyone help?

All jokes aside. This is serious....I am a new PrestaShop 1.6 user. I have many products (thousands) to upload to my site with pictures. Therefore, adding products to the store one by one is too time consuming.  The share number of products and pictures to upload is a challenge enough for me; but, the main problem is that I have quite a few custom features for each product. For example Ingredients, Safety Information, Product Information, Label Directions, Suggested Uses, etc. (These are food and supplement products.)  And I just can't figure out how to get the PrestaShop CSV import feature to recognize the custom feature fields that I have created. When I try to import some products, I get the following error message: "Columns cannot have the same value type."

Does this error have anything to do with the way PrestaShop 1.6 handles custom feature fields? Or is my CSV product file incorrectly formatted? Or is there some other reason?

Now, I know that I "can" plop down US$349 for eMagic One's StoreManager or US$100 for the Dataco Import Fast module. However, I am not ready for that just yet. I need to understand how to correctly reformat vendor provided data and get that data into PrestaShop.  

I have attached a few of the products to this post. Can someone P-L-E-A-S-E take a look at the formatting to see if it's ok? And also, can someone explain to me how I can import the data contained in my custom feature fields in my csv product file? It appears that the steps / procedure for importing data from custom feature fields may have change from one PrestaShop version to another. What are the steps or procedure in PrestaShop 1.6? Is the procedure different from PrestaShop 1.5 or 1.4? For example I found the following instructions from the following link:  http://www.tokyowebdesigns.com/advice/2465/prestashop-how-to-import-a-products-csv-file#.U7GzU_kQC-0

But when I tried the steps outlined in that link with my PrestaShop 1.6 store (I mean store-in-progress) well, it was a no go. 

I am stuck big time.

Edited by FoodSourceDirect (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

If you are still desperate for help, you can look 

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/354925-how-to-import-products-with-features-from-csv/?p=1786385

It might help you.

Ohhh and eMagic One's StoreManage is not that simple as it sounds.

It did something, but.... But there are lots of fancy features in it... 

Edited by Branoo (see edit history)

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...