problems adding new copy of default theme

Hello, 

I'm trying to get used to prestashop but i'm having trouble creating a copy of the default theme to edit (i'm on version 1.6.0.8)

My current steps are as follows:

1. go to preferences->themes

2. click on "add new theme"

3. click on "create new theme"

4. fill in details

5.  copy missing files from existing theme: "default-bootstrap"

6. the theme gets created (directory get's made)

the problem is.. this theme is not showing up  in preferences->themes    :wacko: 

what am i doing wrong here?

it seems the subdirectories are created for the theme but without files, it also sets the wrong user it also sets a a different permission/owner mask than the one i want (can i change this in the configuration?)

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem in 1.6.0.9.  Did anyone have any luck with this?

edit - Never mind.  After copying the default-bootstrap folder, be sure to "Add a New Theme" in the back office. As of 1.6 the theme needs to be registered in the database to be a selectable option in the back office.

Edited by (\)icholas (see edit history)

Hey Adsubia,

If your install is on linux, double check the file permissions of your new theme folder and its sub-folders/files.  Directories should be set to 755 and files should be set to 644.  If your working locally in windows, file permissions shouldn't come into play.

You could also go into the database and double check the directory name you registered, incase there was a typo.  Using phpmyadmin, select the appropriate database and then navigate to the ps_theme table (assuming you opted for the default prefix).  The column 'directory' will be storing whatever you entered from the BO when registering your theme.  You don't need a full path to the directory name here, just its name.

Also when I first installed mine I think I remember having to refresh the themes page before it showed up.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Almost.  Try this:

1. Find a shopping cart software that makes sense and works instead of just looking pretty.
  2. Switch to that shopping cart software.
  3. Take note on their forum if it takes weeks or months to get support, or if the only answers you see are people telling you to to go a different cart.

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone!!!!!

I have one doubt, I've one theme on my computer but I can't import it because it doesn't figure the import button on the import theme page I was trying to test this first and after to but a new one more adapted to my business but I'm afraid it doesn't work in my account and I don't know why!!

Can anyone help me on this? it doens't appear any of the 3 methods of importing one theme

Note: I'm using the version 1.6.1.1 on the cloud.

Thank you in advance.