Understanding Loyalty Points

Versions 1.2.5

Hi all,

I am trying to understand the loyalty points system. which I think is set up OK - the store is not live yet. I was wondering what "No reward points for this product " actually means. It would appear to indicate that you could apply potential points to be earned to specific products, which would then display here and if there are none for that product, the "No reward points for this product" is displayed instead.

But I suspect that's not what it means...?

Does it simply mean that the customer has made no purchases (my test account), so they have not accumulated any reward points yet?

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but incase anyone else runs into an issue where "No reward points for this product" is displayed on a product page, and you have the module "Customer loyalty and rewards" installed and configured, and you wonder what it should say or do. It should say how many loyalty points you would get if you purchased this product. If it doesn't maybe your dev or live shop had some changes and the module is only showing "No reward points for this product".

To fix this go to: ADVANCED PARAMETERS -> Performance -> SMARTY and select "Recompile templates if the files have been updated" and then hit "Save", If you don't want this permanent setting, or if this didn't work, temporarily select "Force compilation" hit "Save" and then reselect either "Recompile templates if the files have been updated" or "Never recompile template files" and save again.

The above should cause the "No reward points for this product" if displayed on a product page to do what you might expect and show something like "By buying this product you can collect up to 1 loyalty point. Your cart will total 16 points that can be converted into a voucher of $3.20.".

Hope this helps folks new to PrestaShop understand that the module is working and what it is supposed to do.

Edited by gPowerHost (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

i did this, but i see something strange. while the page of a product is loading i see "By buying this product you can collect up to 15 loyalty point. Your cart will total 16 points that can be converted into a voucher of $3.20.". but when it is fully loaded i see  "No reward points for this product" . how ever, when i click add this to my shopping cart i again see "By buying this product you can collect up to 15 loyalty point. Your cart will total 16 points that can be converted into a voucher of $3.20." can anyone help what is wrong with prestashop here and how it can be solved?

i did this, but i see something strange. while the page of a product is loading i see "By buying this product you can collect up to 15 loyalty point. Your cart will total 16 points that can be converted into a voucher of $3.20.". but when it is fully loaded i see  "No reward points for this product" . how ever, when i click add this to my shopping cart i again see "By buying this product you can collect up to 15 loyalty point. Your cart will total 16 points that can be converted into a voucher of $3.20." can anyone help what is wrong with prestashop here and how it can be solved?

Having the same issue. Any ideas folks? The above suggestion has no effect on the product page. However I am successfully showing reward points at checkout.

Hi.

Same problem. But after some time I found out solution (at least for me). There is convert ratio. For example, if Your ratio is 10 € = 1 point and product price is lower than 10€ then You can see this "No reward point for this product".

• 3 weeks later...

Customer Loyalty and Rewards v1.2.9

I had same problems as above, and spent hours working on it.

The only solution that worked for me (and I still am unclear if I missed anything) was to delete the js folder in the /modules/loyalty folder.

(it has a zero length file named loyalty.js)

I then did a RESET on the module from the admin panel, reconfigured the options and it began working.

I know it is very frustrating to have ZERO response on this forum when you have problems with your website, so I hope that this helps somebody with the same problem.

PS: I may have uninstalled and reinstalled the module AFTER deleting the js folder, but I cannot remember as I was working on two sites with this same problem at the same time.

PPS: I will also be cross posting this solution on the other threads that I found with no solutions in case it helps them.

its a shame no expert could answered this question. but i found the solution.

go to localization, currencies, edit. change the currency format to 0,000.00X . now it works!

it seems strange and i dont know why this makes it to work.

I tried the above and it seems to work. But for the currency in my country, I need the currency symbol in the beginning. But it does not work properly. :(

I tried the above and it seems to work. But for the currency in my country, I need the currency symbol in the beginning. But it does not work properly. :(

Try the RESET in the module button, and if that doesn't work, then do the uninstall and reinstall - don't forget to remove the js file as outlined above.

• 2 weeks later...

Have the same problem as posted on this thread:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/455383-loyalty-points-no-reward-points-for-this-product-when-attribute-chosen/?hl=%2Breward+%2Bpoints+%2Bfor+%2Bthis+%2Bproduct&do=findComment&comment=2273647

This problem is really getting on my nerves. I have tried all the solutions but still not been able to get the points to show on the product page. They just flash and change back to 'No reward points for this product.' after a second. I have reset and deleted the whole module, deleted just the JS folder and reset it. I know it has to do with $ symbol as when I changed the currency localization to put the dollar sign at the end, the discount displays fine. I looked for the line that Oksa mentioned but I don't have a loyalty.js file and didn't find the code anywhere. I have version 1.6.1.4 and sample product can be seen here: http://dar-us-salam....am-english.html

Hoping someone from Prestashop will finally respond with a fix for this error which has caused so much problem for so many people.

Thanks!

Hello, Alas I finally figured out the problem!

I was skipping the js folder in themes/default-bootstrap/js/modules/loyalty/js/loyalty.js

I deleted the above file and reset the loyalty module and wola everything working normally!

Now although when customer's change combinations the points don't get updated. If someone can help me out or point me in the right direction that would be great. Sample product: http://dar-us-salam.com/quran-mushaf/mushaf-uthmani/q40-mushaf-madinah-blue-color.html

Thanks

• 1 month later...