Order checkout to email without payment

I'm sure I posted this yesterday, but I can't find my post anywhere, so here we go again......

I'm an artist and I want to set up a webshop. The customer can choose from various artworks and select various options (like papertype and papersize), but also can customize the items if they want to do so.

Once the customer is done shopping I do want the order to be sent to my email only after checkout with PrestaShop. Not to a payment system like paypal or so. The I can review the order, contact the customer about the customization and then sent a final invoice myself which they can pay by bank.

Is this possible with PrestaShop? I've looked at various other e-commerce shopping systems, but a lot of them can only do checkout with payment system and not by email only. If this is possible is it easy to set up or do I need (to buy) extra modules or so, or is this build into the free version already?

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe I'm going to answer my own question..... I would have expected an answer by now. I installed Prestashop in the end, simply because it seems much easier the zen cart. The people at Zen cart are more potential user friendly though, they answered within minutes. Looking at all the installation steps for zen cart I decided not to go ahead with that one, but just give Prestashop a try first.

I'm glad I did, the installation was painless and easy and by now I've got my base shop running, only need to tweak a number of things to my liking. Anyway, to answer my own question..... yes, it is possible to order items and check out without having to do a payment of any kind. Just choose payment by bank and the customer can pay later.

I've got more question and I sure do hope those can be answered.

Can't believe I'm going to answer my own question..... I would have expected an answer by now. I installed Prestashop in the end, simply because it seems much easier the zen cart. The people at Zen cart are more potential user friendly though, they answered within minutes. Looking at all the installation steps for zen cart I decided not to go ahead with that one, but just give Prestashop a try first.

I'm glad I did, the installation was painless and easy and by now I've got my base shop running, only need to tweak a number of things to my liking. Anyway, to answer my own question..... yes, it is possible to order items and check out without having to do a payment of any kind. Just choose payment by bank and the customer can pay later.

I've got more question and I sure do hope those can be answered.

weekends, holidays, world cup, nice weather

please if you post on weekends, be a little more patient...

and as you gain experience please visit community and help others...this makes for better community

I do believe I was very patient ^_^ I posted my question more then 2 weeks ago ;)

jajaja...sorry didn't check when you posted.

when you do not receive an answer, review the original post, it's most likely it is not clear enough for community.  Very few posts go unanswered here.

so when no response, assume it's you and not community, revise post and then give 'valid' bump by stating you added more information.