Override Minimum Purchase amount on a per customer basis

Hi there,

Relatively new but learning fast and loving it! (Latest version 1.2.5)

I was wondering if there some tweak I could make to allow an override on the minimum purchase amount I have set in my store. I'll make a quick summary of the thinking behind it...

1) We have a small retail space making regular sales of varying amounts
2) We are developing a web shop and to get the most of the stats and stock control etc, we want to combine our offline and online sales, by entering all our physical sales (and stock levels) into the system at the end of a day, week etc
3) I have set up an account that I will use to add/order our retail physical sales
4) I am using Groups to control the appearance of categories of products that we only sell in the retail space and not online
5) I need to add in a lot retrospective data for the last 6 months so that my stats etc will be reasonably accurate (obviously the dates will not be retrospective, although that would be nice) which will then also popular the Top Seller category etc
6) Because many of our items are of low dollar value, we are looking to instigate a minimum purchase amount for the online store
7) However, if I want to add in my retail sales and a sale falls below my minimum purchase amount, with the minimum purchase in place, obviously the order will not validate

OPTIONS:

a) I could just turn off the minimum spend while I am using the cart to add my retail sales, and turn it on again, when I'm finished. There is a slight chance that a customer shopping at the same time will complete a purchase and not comply with the temporarily turned off limit

B) Find some way of overriding the minimum spend for a single customer - some sort of tick box in the customer account which allows me to designate the override

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to make this happen?