1.6.0.7 and 1.6.0.8 Solved Bugs

Dear Community,

There are a few fixes in the 1.6.0.7 that need to be addressed. Please look at these bug fixes to see if they apply to you. 

• [-] FO : Fix bug #PSCSX-2418, no thickbox when only one image. (Front product photos do not display large photo if is only one for product when click "View larger")
  • [-] FO : Fix bug #PSCFV-12204, (Voucher bug when you delete a product with a voucher)
  • [-] BO : Fix bug #PSCFV-12205, (When creating a new cart rule in Back Office->Cart Rules the actions tab doesn't allow choosing the specific product when you choose the option Apply discount to specific product.)

UPDATE 6/20/2014

UPDATE 6/25/2014

UPDATE 6/26/2014

Module Updating Bug/Loop - Fix: https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/ed0b9aaea9cb39dfa55441e409edc145c6a61a0c

Upgraded to 1.6.0.7 and made many hours of changes to translations, look/feel of backoffice, etc. If I upgrade to 1.6.0.8, all the changes will be lost and overridden. 

Question:

How can I upgrade to 1.6.0.8 without losing all the customization(s)? 

Let me know.

• Like 1

Now quick view is not working...

Ok I just fix it:

1. Uninstall "Theme configurator" module

2. Clear browser cache

3. Install again "Theme configurator" module

4. Configure "Theme configurator" module and disable "Display quick view window on homepage and category pages" option and save.

5. Now enable again "Display quick view window on homepage and category pages" option and save

Hi,

I can not insert images to the product information or CMS.

The path to the image is just "%5C", not http://www.xxxxx.se/img/xxxxx.jpg

I upgraded from 1.6.0.7 to 1.6.0.8 but it does not help. I have no such problem in 1.6.0.6.

Is there still bugs left from 1.6.0.7? Maybe is it safer to roll back to 1.6.0.6 to complete the webshop?

Same problem for me (only on server with url friendly - ok on localhost without user friendly)

The path to the image is just "%5C", not http://www.xxxxx.se/img/xxxxx.jpg

Hey ALMAJ, can you confirm you have this correct file in your install? https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/09766f342d1c0eb13294086f2c1e0307e513fc3a

Hi

my AdminThemesController.php file was slightly different,

I've copied the new file and it's still the same, I cannot see other themes, only the default theme is visible.

Thanks

Edited by ALMAJ (see edit history)

In preference/CMS (1.6.0.8) impossible to insert image, video and hyperlink,..only plain text works

Hi Weldoen, was this an upgraded store? What error do you have? You can learn how to turn on Error reporting in this post www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information-500-error-or-blank-page/

Hi Weldoen, was this an upgraded store? What error do you have? You can learn how to turn on Error reporting in this post www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information-500-error-or-blank-page/

Hello Benjamin, error reporting set to on gives nothing (except for the RIJNDAEL_KEY_, _RIJNDAEL_IV cookie 80 fault but this is quickly solved :)  )

In the CMS page on the spot of the image only --> "" is visible (firefox)

If I make an hyperlink to an PDF file (placed in public_html/pdf) the link is lead to myurl\?live_configurator_token=123456787890&id_shop=1&id_employee=1&theme=&theme_font=                   (and  which display a 404 error)

This is a completly new installation which was installed with version 1.6.0.6 and automaticly updated to 1.6.0.8

Hello Benjamin, error reporting set to on gives nothing (except for the RIJNDAEL_KEY_, _RIJNDAEL_IV cookie 80 fault but this is quickly solved :)  )

In the CMS page on the spot of the image only --> "" is visible (firefox)

If I make an hyperlink to an PDF file (placed in public_html/pdf) the link is lead to myurl\?live_configurator_token=123456787890&id_shop=1&id_employee=1&theme=&theme_font=                   (and  which display a 404 error)

This is a completly new installation which was installed with version 1.6.0.6 and automaticly updated to 1.6.0.8

unfortunately I have the same problem  :(

url images are displayed like this: "http://www.tugabay.com/pt/content/%5C"

hello guys

regarding to the problems with links in cms editor

just disable html purifier in preferences tab in your back office :-)

Thanks, it works  :D

So, the html purifier is for disabling html content, and comes enabled by default?

that's very strange move from prestashop...

odd, quite a few community mods updated for 1.6 fail to install properly for 1.6.0.8. What was done to the overrides to cause this? At least one important mod cannot be installed at all.

Interestingly this only applies to an upgrade from 1.6.0.6 to 1.6.0.8. The mod will (eventually) install to a fresh 1.6.0.8 site.

Anyway- thankfully I'd never upgrade to anything but a test site knowing how every single presta upgrade means a week dedicated to fixing stuff.

• Like 1

odd, quite a few community mods updated for 1.6 fail to install properly for 1.6.0.8. What was done to the overrides to cause this? At least one important mod cannot be installed at all.

Interestingly this only applies to an upgrade from 1.6.0.6 to 1.6.0.8. The mod will (eventually) install to a fresh 1.6.0.8 site.

Anyway- thankfully I'd never upgrade to anything but a test site knowing how every single presta upgrade means a week dedicated to fixing stuff.

for overrides you can follow this forge report.

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-2500

Thanks Fred,

This bug has now been resolved with these two changes here

1. https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/038120a7c0e188f7fa04a71a20effaec1b51ac7a
  2. https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/3d5ec8c0dd434dcf733ba3604e4f52980a2a613d

Thanks but I tried this, dosen't work (upgraded site 1.6.0.6 to 1.6.0.8). It did work on a newly installed 1.6.0.8. So no help in my case (existing site).

Can you try this and let us know if it works for you. We can then update this post for the community.

Thanks!

Thanks Fred,

This bug has now been resolved with these two changes here

Can you try this and let us know if it works for you. We can then update this post for the community.

Thanks!

So far no luck in this case. Mod is OPC (upgraded site 1.6.0.6 to 1.6.0.8). Mod installs but does not work. No issues when installing to a fresh copy of 1.6.0.8.

Also tested on a fresh 1.6.0.6 (default setup), upgraded to 1.6.0.8. Same problem.

Edited by jetx (see edit history)

Still cant select any other theme than default. 

http://1drv.ms/1nxgYOT

Same for me.

I started my shop on ps 1.6, my theme is a copy of the default theme. Up to 1.6.06, I had no problem to update, everything was perfect. Then, I updated 1.6.0.6 to 1.6.0.8 and my theme disappeared. In fact, it is still here on the server, but it does not appear in the back office.

Any idea?

Same for me.

I started my shop on ps 1.6, my theme is a copy of the default theme. Up to 1.6.06, I had no problem to update, everything was perfect. Then, I updated 1.6.0.6 to 1.6.0.8 and my theme disappeared. In fact, it is still here on the server, but it does not appear in the back office.

Any idea?

same problem when I was trying to clone the default-bootstrap of the fresh 1.6.0.8 to change it. it worked by adding the image too in the preview image file of the exported theme.

Edited by nicusor (see edit history)

So many bugs in few days ... why do not release a fast upgrade to 1.6.0.9 ? It cannot be a puzzle of bugs

Or send a clear list of files that must be changed in 1.6.0.8.

Tks

Unfortunately we all are (involuntary) betatesters here, The prestashop team is a great team,

but something is wrong with them at the moment, these updates looks like internal alpha updates,

no one in a perfect mind will risk a real store with these alpha updates, it's too unstable,

prestashop team please, label these updates as alpha/beta, and stop fixing things in a rush!

because when you fix 1 problem you create 5 more new problems, that's not productive at all.

right now the most stable prestashop version is 1.5.6.2, we know all the bugs, and there are less probability to find new ones.

and no one is messing with it.

so please prestateam, go easy on the updates, and test it before releasing it.

• Like 5

So far no luck in this case. Mod is OPC (upgraded site 1.6.0.6 to 1.6.0.8). Mod installs but does not work. No issues when installing to a fresh copy of 1.6.0.8.

Also tested on a fresh 1.6.0.6 (default setup), upgraded to 1.6.0.8. Same problem.

My own error in this case, in my rush to get this going I failed to re-enable overrides in BO. This update does fix my problem.

Yes it does. However, I would wait on updating PrestaShop until later this week. 

For your reference, you can fix that specific bug here, http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-1835

For my part this bug 0.00 prices not fixed on the V1.6.08

and thank you, to not take the time to answer the same bugs expressed on the French forum, which remains largely unanswered and help from you.

I also joined the general spirit expressed on the forum and add : "quickly and well do not mix ! " 

at this moment, using prestashop, is no more stable for us users, but also for our customers ... 

hi there!

well this is what I do to get it work: 

1. on my ps installation (1.6.0.8) I have "AdminThemesController.php" in the override folder (/override/controllers/admin/templates/). I have to delete this file, and after that I delete the "class_index.php" file under folder (/cache/). I reload the shop and I can see all my templates made in prestashop version ( 1.6.0.6).

themes.png

I'm experiencing the "%5C" bug as well. Very annoying, but I found a workaround by going to the database and editing the "content" field in "xxx_cms_lang". Once you do it there, it seems to keep the url. 

By the way, it's in ALL my CMS pages, not just the block. 

Edited by Since1953 (see edit history)

Hi, 

I am new to prestashop, just installed 1.6.08 in my hosting account and while I was installing the  modules and flipping between back office and front office suddenly the front office cannot be opened, http 500 internal server error. How can I fix them please?

Hi, 

I am new to prestashop, just installed 1.6.08 in my hosting account and while I was installing the  modules and flipping between back office and front office suddenly the front office cannot be opened, http 500 internal server error. How can I fix them please?

In addition to the above I ask help from my hosting support but only this coding error he gave and h cannot fix it as it is out of their support. [05-Jul-2014 15:20:27 US/Eastern] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'public' (T_PUBLIC) in /home1/mbantiqu/public_html/checkwayelectro/override/classes/Cart.php on line 107

hi there!

well this is what I do to get it work: 

1. on my ps installation (1.6.0.8) I have "AdminThemesController.php" in the override folder (/override/controllers/admin/templates/). I have to delete this file, and after that I delete the "class_index.php" file under folder (/cache/). I reload the shop and I can see all my templates made in prestashop version ( 1.6.0.6).

themes.png

Sorry but I did the same thing and unfortunately it's not working...

phew .. i thought they were stable .. i have no problem with 1606 before but when i saw 1607 in my backend, i click it, and BANG! -> end up with stressed. i'll fresh install from 1608 now. Such a waste. I'm not kinda person who love wasting time fixing buggy .. 

• Like 1

Hi, 

Hi, don't worry. This is almost always a memory related issue. Follow this blog post to solve it. http://www.prestashop.com/blog/en/the-500-internal-server-error-explained-solved/

phew .. i thought they were stable .. i have no problem with 1606 before but when i saw 1607 in my backend, i click it, and BANG! -> end up with stressed. i'll fresh install from 1608 now. Such a waste. I'm not kinda person who love wasting time fixing buggy .. 

I advise you to not install Prestashop 1.6.0.8, this version is not stable too,

wait for the next update or stay with 1.6.0.6

Yes it does. However, I would wait on updating PrestaShop until later this week. 

For your reference, you can fix that specific bug here, http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-1835

Does this suggest that a 1.6.0.9 was supposed to be coming to fix the numerous bugs in this thread? Should we be waiting on that still?

Also, devs, I appreciate your willingness to post workarounds when possible rather than making us wait for patches. But posting a link to some vague comments on a bug report doesn't really count as posting a workaround. I can't even find the variable those comments vaguely reference and I'm not totally clear on what to do if I did. Just a couple step-by-step instructions would be a thousand times more helpful.

• Like 2

Hello!

In back office I add this code to description or short description of products: 

<p><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; color: #000000;">description of product</span></p>

After saving the page this code disappears and my customs are not saved. Why? How can I fix it? Thank you in advance!

Hello!

In back office I add this code to description or short description of products: 

After saving the page this code disappears and my customs are not saved. Why? How can I fix it? Thank you in advance!

Hello, try to help,

Just disable html purifier at preferences general tab

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

i have to big problem, when i try delete module, all my frontoffice is blank page.

what module?

blank page = errors

please turn on error reporting and you will see detailed information about error that you've got there

Hi,

I can not insert images to the product information or CMS.

The path to the image is just "%5C", not http://www.xxxxx.se/img/xxxxx.jpg

I upgraded from 1.6.0.7 to 1.6.0.8 but it does not help. I have no such problem in 1.6.0.6.

Is there still bugs left from 1.6.0.7? Maybe is it safer to roll back to 1.6.0.6 to complete the webshop?

You must close Use HTML Purifier Library or can see this http://www.1webd.com/%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%AA%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B9%E0%B8%9B%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%99-image-description-prestashop-1-6-%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%88%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%94%E0%B9%89/

Edited by Jormthepcyber (see edit history)

Bonjour avant et après après mise à jour PS 1.6.9

page blanche sur validation de commande

modules chèque et virement idem;

Quels fichiers ou réglages dois-je activer ou mettre en place.

j'ai essayé de désactiver les modules non natifs

activé désactivé toutes les mises en cache

rien n'y fait bizarre non ?

Si vous avez une réponse rien trouvé dans le forum là-dessus pour V1.6)

merci

Hi

I think I found a bug in PS 1.6.0.9

When using the combinations with Specific prices,

the combination impact on prices - freezes.

not working at all, when deleting the specific prices it works all again.

what can be the problem ?

Hi, I am closing this post and making a new post for 1.6.0.9 regarding the solved bugs. I will move that post there when it is made. Thanks!

Hi Benjamin can I know the error of multi store 1.6.0.8 still exist in 1.6.0.9

When an employee selects theme after having all permissions of theme in preferences

It throws error.

" You must atleast select one shop"

It seems only super admin has the rights to switch one theme from other in multi store for all its store.

If so why employee is able to add or export or delete themes

As it should not allow to even do that if its not allowed to select its own store theme even after having permissions

Are you selecting a shop from the drop down? It still says that error? There should be a drop down on the themes page which allows you to select a shop. I will test this bug and get back to you. Thanks!

Thanks Benjamin. In multi store. Except super admin none of the other stores have this option to select shop. Actually it should automatically select store I'd. There shouldn't be selection options for individual store as it can create problem if by mistake one store changes for other.

Hi, please add Screenshots to show us how to reproduce the bug on a fresh install. You can also make a Forge bug report here at forge.prestashop.com

I have created a ticket in forge.prestashop.com

below is the ticket information

subject :Shows error message"You must choose at least one shop." when changing 

theme in from an empoloyee admin panel(non superadmin)

Description:I had fresh installed prestashop 1.6.08

and created a new store.
I am unable to make changes to  the theme ( change theme) when logged 

into the a non super admin account.
Please view the attachments to see the error been reproduced.

post-808397-0-56295800-1407766003_thumb.jpg

post-808397-0-07416900-1407766008_thumb.jpg

post-808397-0-62324600-1407766012_thumb.jpg

Edited by joeljfernandes (see edit history)

I have created a ticket in forge.prestashop.com

below is the ticket information

subject :Shows error message"You must choose at least one shop." when changing 

theme in from an empoloyee admin panel(non superadmin)

Description:I had fresh installed prestashop 1.6.08

and created a new store.
I am unable to make changes to  the theme ( change theme) when logged 

into the a non super admin account.
Please view the attachments to see the error been reproduced.

Do you have a link to the actual forge report? Also, have you tried this on the latest version 1.6.0.9?