Displaying Google Maps (two maps -> bug ?)

Hello,

I have a curious problem. With PrestaShop 1.6.0.6, when the store page with Google Maps is displayed, there are really two maps. The second is displayed a half second after the first and replace it.

The first page is displayed with the latitude and logitude in Preferences > Store > Parameters and the second in Preferences > Store > Edit Store.

So, there is no big problem, but if you change the zoom in store.js file and view.tpl (see forum for more explanation on these files), only the first map is affected. So, it's impossible to change the zoom of the second map.

Is this a bug ? Or have I forget anything ?

(sorry for my rudimentary english)

Thank you.

Really ? :(

Don't you see a first map replaced by a second one ?

If you have the good map, you must have a zoom at "15", so you can see the streets and not only a "plane view".

See the jpeg : above the first map, below the second. We can see there are two maps.

Use Ctrl+F5, maybe you can see the problem...

I've tried with Firefox and Chromium under Linux and Firefox and IE under W7, and the result is the same (sometimes faster or lower). But I can't change my connection.

But, if you see the jpeg above, you can see the result. The good map is the first, but this first map is replaced by the second. So, I don't think the internet connection change that. What kind of local problem could reload a map ?

I've tried with Firefox and Chromium under Linux and Firefox and IE under W7, and the result is the same (sometimes faster or lower). But I can't change my connection.

But, if you see the jpeg above, you can see the result. The good map is the first, but this first map is replaced by the second. So, I don't think the internet connection change that. What kind of local problem could reload a map ?

I understand your points but at the same time. Two different people from two parts of the world tried it on separate internet connections with no problem.

Maybe you can try a mobile device? 

You can try turning error reporting on but I don't think you will find any relevant error. 

Hi all,

I have the exact same problem... Only my second zoom is set to max and the map is shifted out of the world! 

really need help on this! this happened after I changed the zoom in de .tpl files...

It is also possible it is a database error. Does anyone know where the default Lat and Long are saved?

I just checked the stores.js file and stores.tpl file by backing up older versions of the files. Same problem... I am going to test some more...

*edit*

I now tested the database on a differrent server with the same install and theme, and this works perfect!

I am going to try to adjust the zoom there and then see what happens

*edit>edit*

I adjusted the zoom in /themes/mytheme/js/stores.js and it first worked fine. I adjusted the zoom back to the original setting and now the error is also showing up on the testpage...

When the page is loaded the map shows the right zoom, but then reloads and shows the old zoom.

Who can help? Please do, because this is happening also on a production server!

Edited by diesein (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I just checked the stores.js file and stores.tpl file by backing up older versions of the files. Same problem... I am going to test some more...

*edit*

I now tested the database on a differrent server with the same install and theme, and this works perfect!

I am going to try to adjust the zoom there and then see what happens

*edit>edit*

I adjusted the zoom in /themes/mytheme/js/stores.js and it first worked fine. I adjusted the zoom back to the original setting and now the error is also showing up on the testpage...

When the page is loaded the map shows the right zoom, but then reloads and shows the old zoom.

Who can help? Please do, because this is happening also on a production server!

Hi Diesein,

I'm pretty new to Prestashop, and I face the very same problem: first the map is OK, then it is replaced by this #@ç&!!! Miami map. I'm using 1.6 and Firefox, and I wondered if you have already found a solution ?

Thanks in advance, and kind regards

• 2 weeks later...

Same here when I try to override the stores.js in my theme's folder.
The corrrect zoom is displayed in a blink, then the defaults one.

This is pretty annoying.
I tried it on Windows & Linux with several different browsers, empy the cache of both PS & browsers without any effect.

If someone has a clue, I might take it.

Thanks guys.