[solved]1 click upgrade from 1.6.0.6 to 1.6.0.7 admin screen not shown

I upgraded from 1.6.0.6 to 1.6.0.7 using the 1-click module. I put my shop into maintance mode and turned off file cache. When the update was completd I cleared my cookies and brower settings.

When I tried to access my admin page and log back in I get a parse error and cannot access the login page.

To fix this go to /classes/controller/admincontroller.php

Change line 3101:

$fields = $class::$definition['fields'];

to

$fields = $class->$definition['fields'];

it worked for me. was able to login without issues.

• Like 4

I upgraded from 1.6.0.6 to 1.6.0.7 using the 1-click module. I put my shop into maintance mode and turned off file cache. When the update was completd I cleared my cookies and brower settings.

When I tried to access my admin page and log back in I get a parse error and cannot access the login page.

To fix this go to /classes/controller/admincontroller.php

Change line 3101:

to

$fields = $class->$definition['fields'];

it worked for me. was able to login without issues.

Thanks for the info, but I am a newbie who has just upgraded from 1.5 to 1.6 with the 1-Click Upgrade module. Apparently the upgrade was successful, and I was told to clear the browser cache and cookies and log in again, but now I get a black page on the log in page and a down for maintenance notice on the main page. Moreover, I do not know how to apply the information you have provided. Do I have to edit my htaccess file or something. Where do I make the change you have provided. Kindly clarify. Thanks.

Thanks for the info, but I am a newbie who has just upgraded from 1.5 to 1.6 with the 1-Click Upgrade module. Apparently the upgrade was successful, and I was told to clear the browser cache and cookies and log in again, but now I get a black page on the log in page and a down for maintenance notice on the main page. Moreover, I do not know how to apply the information you have provided. Do I have to edit my htaccess file or something. Where do I make the change you have provided. Kindly clarify. Thanks.

Hi Farakh,

This fix is fairelly easy to perform:

First you need to download the file admincontroller.php from your store either by ftp or using the hosting panel (like cPanel).

Note that the file is located in /[your store folder]/classes/controller/admincontroller.php

Then open the file with notepad or any html editor (I use CodeLobster) and find line 3101. If you use notepad with no line numbers just do "find" and enter "$fields = $class::$definition['fields'];" in the search field

Perform the correction mentioned by swcoins, save the file and replace the one on your store for the fixed one

Done! you should now be able to enter backend

Hope this helps

David

• Like 1

Just upgraded to 1.6.0.7  from 1.6.0.6 but my pasword is not being recognised, i thought I would try your solution anyway.  Cannot find 

in the admin controller admincontroller.php 

Any ideas?

thanks

Edited by RCP90 (see edit history)

Just upgraded to 1.6.0.7  from 1.6.0.6 but my pasword is not being recognised, i thought I would try your solution anyway.  Cannot find 

in the admin controller admincontroller.php 

Any ideas?

thanks

Hello everyone,

RCP90, thanks for your notice. I am using ps 1.6.0.6 and I was planning to do the upgrade and use the directions given on this post but then I read your post, and I cannot find the $fields = $class::$definition['fields'];  on line 3101 either...

Though, I got to say that while writting this response I tried  the update process using the 1-click upgrade  module and it worked fine on my test site (which was also PS 1.6.0.6 version). I first updated ALL the modules that were marked with "Need update" and then I proceed to the update to 1.6.0.8 version.

I hoped this helped someone.

Hello everyone,

RCP90, thanks for your notice. I am using ps 1.6.0.6 and I was planning to do the upgrade and use the directions given on this post but then I read your post, and I cannot find the $fields = $class::$definition['fields'];  on line 3101 either...

Though, I got to say that while writting this response I tried  the update process using the 1-click upgrade  module and it worked fine on my test site (which was also PS 1.6.0.6 version). I first updated ALL the modules that were marked with "Need update" and then I proceed to the update to 1.6.0.8 version.

I hoped this helped someone.

i also updated all of my modules, and used the 1 click upgrade. upgrade went fine, but now cannot log into back office, it does not recognise my password.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i also updated all of my modules, and used the 1 click upgrade. upgrade went fine, but now cannot log into back office, it does not recognise my password.

Hello RCP90, did you finally found a solution?  As I see no responses I guess you did.I would like to know.

Cheers

• Like 1