Shipping module question - Does a stand alone module exist?

I have been on the search for a shipping module that does not require modifications to the core Prestashop code. Can anyone point me in the direction of a free open source one for Prestashop v1.2.4?

I understand in special circumstances that changing the core code may be necessary however I would like to implement a module with no modifications to Prestashop if possible to keep everything nice and clean. As I'm time poor and haven't used Prestashop before I was hoping someone had a similar module that I could use as a guide.

Also a quick payment module question, can you restrict the payment methods depending on on what shipping carrier is used?

Thanks.

I might as well answer my own question now... Short answer is No.

There does not appear to be any hooks in Prestashop for adding shipping modules so a stand alone module is not possible.

I also checked SVN to see if any development was being done in this area but there doesn't appear to be. There are a few 3rd party projects that promise to add this functionality but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

In the mean time modifying the core Prestashop classes looks like the only way.

• 4 years later...

Here is the reply I got

"Hi Christopher,

Perhaps you are not getting our replies, since we got the same question from you the other day, our reply is below.

We do not have a module that would offer those options, and we are not currently taking any development work.

We can suggest trying to find a developer on the PrestaShop forum.

Regards,
Tomer.
"