What program do I need to customize a tpl file?

Hi there,

I'm trying to customize my featured products module and I can open the php files with macromedia but I don't know how can I open a tpl file. When I click on it it shows a message saying I need a program or something to open it and it offers me if I what to check online.

Could someone tell me how? please.
Also I want to shorten the space between the tittle and the product image. Even if I don't write any descriptions at all it shows the big space between the tittle and the image.

Thank you so much. This is my website is you would like to take a look: emomania.com

You can use any text editor to edit a TPL file. You just need to right-click on the tpl and choose a text editor program using "Open with".

To adjust the space, look at the #center_column div.products_block h5 and #center_column div.products_block p.product_desc section of css/global.css in your theme's directory. Change the height of the title from 2.57em to whatever size you want and the height of the description from 9.5em to another size.

Thank you so much NC.

This Prestashop is fantastic but I quit. I'm done. I need this up and running and I'm too frustrated to continue. I just got stock setting up the paypal account. I just wish I could pay you to fix my website and create the theme I emailed you, but right now I can't. I know how much work and time you guys put into this and it is not fare for me to put a price on it. If I don't find anything easier out there online. I guess I'll be back when I can afford to pay you.

So long and thank you so much for the warmed welcome to prestashop forum.

I know. Please don't get me wrong. I appreciate everything everyone have done here for me, specialy NC. It just that I was so frustrated that I wanted to quit, but I'm still trying. I'm getting my SSL certificate (witch I didn't know I needed in order to paypal to work). But if I get this thing working, I will be needing your services NC to customize my website look. So please don't go away. :)

Thank you very much

BTW Is there a guide or a book for prestashop?

• 2 weeks later...

if you think u had enuf with presta, u shouldve seen magento. hardest and buggiest shopping cart EVER.

I've experience with many carts, if u'd like to go for a turnkey solution, I'd advise the cs-cart. If u're low on budget and still need an equally usefull infra, go for presta.

I know. Please don't get me wrong. I appreciate everything everyone have done here for me, specialy NC. It just that I was so frustrated that I wanted to quit, but I'm still trying. I'm getting my SSL certificate (witch I didn't know I needed in order to paypal to work). But if I get this thing working, I will be needing your services NC to customize my website look. So please don't go away. :)

Thank you very much

BTW Is there a guide or a book for prestashop?