Error - Property Product->link_rewrite is empty

Hello everyone few day before I have upgraded my website from 1.5.x to the latest version of prestashop. When i'm trying to add a new product to my website from the back office i'm getting this error Property Product->link_rewrite is empty . How i can fix it?

Thank you

Hi,

do you sure that this field is not empty? This field complete by js after you enter name of product, maybe you have any JS-errors at the console?

Regards

yes, i have the website two years now and the way i tried to add a new product had the same process like ones that i've done before the update. on the error_log doesn't have any error

Hi again,

so I think you need hire some freelancer/agency for review your code and resolve this issue

Regards

As a i said i'm using the back end product page that is coming with the prestashop, i'm not trying to add a product from xml

Here is my solution

I found the solution, basically i had this error T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM on admin controller and i Changed line 3101:

$fields = $class::$definition['fields'];

to

$fields = $class->$definition['fields']; 

Then this modification cause me the problem of this error link_rewrite, where later i want back and change the  $class->$definition to $class::$definition. Again i had the error T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM but this is was because i had php version 5.2 on my server, then i changed it to 5.3 and it worked

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Here is my solution

I found the solution, basically i had this error T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM on admin controller and i Changed line 3101:

$fields = $class::$definition['fields'];

to

$fields = $class->$definition['fields']; 

Then this modification cause me the problem of this error link_rewrite, where later i want back and change the  $class->$definition to $class::$definition. Again i had the error T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM but this is was because i had php version 5.2 on my server, then i changed it to 5.3 and it worked

Hi, where do you change the line 3101 ?? i had the same problem.

Ty

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can you please let me know which file you need to work on to get this "Property Product->link_rewrite is empty" error sorted?

As far as I understood it is under /controllers/admin  folder.

Please elaborate on which file and what needs to be changed. Appreciate your help!