Cart not working without blockcart installed

Hi there,

Starting off by saying thanks for the excellent software you guys have provided (ex Magento user - now converted!).

I'm designing a site at the moment for a client, who doesn't want the blockcart module on any of the columns, but just the cart total in the header. When I uninstall this, or remove this from the positions page (with the module installed). The cart doesn't work. I can add products, the total is updated but no products are displayed in the cart.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

p.s. I'm running 1.2.5

Thanks in advance,
Christopher

Did you uninstall the Cart block v1.2, but leave the User info block v0.2 installed? That is what I use when I want the total displayed in the header without displaying the cart with individual products. Is this not working for you?

Nope, that wasn't working for me.

I had both installed (but the blockcart module removed from any hook in the position page). I could add products to cart, the total would update the userinfo block. But when I goto view the cart it wouldnt show any product details.

I've done a quick hack by editing the cartblock and having that in the header instead of the userinfo block. But it's a bit of a bug I think!