Image space issues on host

Hi all,

I really need help with this problem!

I'm not a coder so would prefer simple or easy to follow help!

I am having a problem with my images. I have added 85% of my products through BO and uploaded the images there. I have resized them all before uploading to reduce the file size, but now I have reached the limit that my host allows (25MB) for images to be stored in PHP and so can't add the rest of my products.

My host will not increase this allowance even if I upgrade my account. I have 3000MB of space with them in total.

What I would like to know is:
1. Can I upload the images onto my host and store them in a folder? (well yes this can be done)

2. Can I then edit the database somehow to take the images from this folder instead of the img/p folder? (i could then simple cut and paste them from img/p to the new folder via ftp)

3. If so, do I need to change some code somewhere? and how?

4. If this is all possible and I change the code and it reads the image files from the new folder, will it write the images to this new folder if I upload new products? producing the different files and rename them correctly (eg 1-1-home, 1-1-large, 1-1-medium,1-1-small, 1-1-jpg, 1-1-thickbox)

PLEASE HELP!

Gary

I am having a problem with my images. I have added 85% of my products through BO and uploaded the images there. I have resized them all before uploading to reduce the file size, but now I have reached the limit that my host allows (25MB) for images to be stored in PHP and so can’t add the rest of my products.

I may have misundertstood this but none of the images are stored as php code, they are all stored in img/p/

Its pretty pointless having 3gig of server space if they are limiting what exactly you can put on it.

I would advise changing hosts you could try Scotserve or Hostware. They both offer competitve packages with Prestashop specific servers.