Home page layout in 1.6

Hi all - first post here and finally getting to grips with PrestaShop :)

Just as I was getting happy with the layout of the site I upgraded to 1.6, not realising that it would change my homepage layout.

I love the new look and feel and can live without the right hand column but one thing I can't figure out is that above the Home Page Text and Banners that I originally had, there is now a list of Popular, New Arrivals and Best Sellers. This looks great but I would like it below the Home Page Text, not above.

I have tried Modules>Positions and moved Home Text Editor to top of the list in both displayHome and displayHeader but still these items are above it.

Hopefully this is something simple and obvious so if anyone can help I would be grateful.

On the plus side, upgrading to 1.6 means I now receive email notifications for sales which I wasn't getting before :)

Thanks in advance and looking forward to helping out in the forum where I can :)

Hi,

about emails - try disabling Email Alerts module.

Also, moving anything in hookHeader won't change positions of any elements in the front office. hookHeader serves mainly for JS/CSS files.

Could you please give us a link to your site? Looks like you have a older module there, that is not in the default 1.6. installation.

Friendly bump on this to see if anyone can help.

If not, can you please advise how support for PrestShop works? As a free software I wouldn't expect too much free support so is there a free/paid support option or just through the forums?

Thanks again, David :)

you can use module like html box free or conten box free to display own contents on homepage - also there where you want to display own text. you can also try with html box pro which allows to create custom hooks, with this feature you can display own contents anywhere you want

im affraid that homepage text editor will not work even if it will be hooked to displayHomeTab hook

it's beacuse this hook appears between <ul></ul> code, this hook is to create tabs

this is why it's worth to:

1) move displayHome (not displayHomeTab!!!) above the <ul></ul> code

2) use module to display own contents in custom hooks

decision is your ;)

• Like 2

this is why it's worth to:

1) move displayHome (not displayHomeTab!!!) above the <ul></ul> code

Is this something I edit in a php file (if so, which one?) or is it something that is done in admin?

Can someone please let me know which file I need to edit to "move displayHome (not displayHomeTab!!!) above the <ul></ul> code"?

Assuming it's one of the .tpl files but can't seem to find displayHome - is there a certain file for the home page?