change product id

hello

prestashop by default doesnt allow to change id of product.

you can only achieve it with changes in database managers like phpmyadmin etc.

but i will be honest, it's dangerous, it can affect consistency of database.

• 2 months later...

Hi

Reading through what I can find about the order product is displayed in - well it's the IDs that dictate this. It is important that I can decide the order my products are displayed in - and it might need to change depending on the season for example. It seems in 1.5 there were little arrows supposed to be available next to the product so as to drag the order. I've not been able to bring up these little arrows in 1.6 (and am thinking I've made a mistake using 1.6). So ... it appears the only way is to wade into the database itself and change the ID's.

I've seen a complicated schema for the database, but is there a simpler list of which tables the product IDs occur in?

Thank you.

Edited by Starfish (see edit history)

Oh I see. I am new to PS, very new. It is possible to order the product display using the reference (set under Preferences > product ). I had been using this for the SKU number and was not sure it was in the right box. The SKU numbers do not necessarily follow the order I want the product to display in and connot be changed. I will do some more research on which is the correct box for the SKU code.

I really could do with a faster way to edit product in bulk - so I can whip through and re-input all the SKU into an alternative box. Thankfully I've not input all my product yet...

Wondering if I should cut and run to an alternative shopfront....