Can telephone number be made mandatory during checkout?

wiredworx

As the title says - does anyone know if there is a setting which makes the customer have to fill in at least one telephone number? I am having an issue as my dropshipper requires it but customers keep not filling it in! :)

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks
Rob.

If you edit your classes/address.php file at the top is the following section of code.

protected    $fieldsRequired = array('id_country', 'alias', 'lastname', 'firstname', 'address1', 'postcode', 'city', 'county');

change it to

protected    $fieldsRequired = array('id_country', 'alias', 'lastname', 'firstname', 'address1', 'postcode',  'city', 'county', 'phone'); 

then in your theme folder edit the authentication.tpl file.

{l s='Home phone'}
               <input type="text" class="text" name="phone" id="phone" value="{if isset($smarty.post.phone)}{$smarty.post.phone}{/if}" />

change the above code to

{l s='Home phone'}
               <input type="text" class="text" name="phone" id="phone" value="{if isset($smarty.post.phone)}{$smarty.post.phone}{/if}" />

That will display the little astrix to show that it is required field.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

Remember to change it in address.tpl in your theme directory also, as there is no asterix on there either:

Around line 87...

Change:

{l s='Home phone'}
           <input type="text" id="phone" name="phone" value="{if isset($smarty.post.phone)}{$smarty.post.phone}{else}{$address->phone|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}{/if}" />

To:

{l s='Home phone'}
           <input type="text" id="phone" name="phone" value="{if isset($smarty.post.phone)}{$smarty.post.phone}{else}{$address->phone|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}{/if}" />

Dan

• 2 months later...

Hi guys and girls

I have tried using the code above but for some reason I end up with this error message

"There is 1 error :

1. County is required"

however I have no filed called county on the sign up form

if any one has any ideas on a fix that would be fantastic

I'm using prestashop 1.2.5 and I have tried it on a clean install of prestashop as well just to check

• 3 months later...

Hi,
I tried that modification. Everything worked, Except:
If existing customer wants to update his profile and enters some data in the phone field, when saving he gets this error:
Hack attempt (Address -> phone is empty)

If nothing is entered in the phone field, so normal error message appears, that phone field has to be filled.

Can you advice what should I fix to make it work correctly?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If you edit your classes/address.php file at the top is the following section of code.

protected $fieldsRequired = array('id_country', 'alias', 'lastname', 'firstname', 'address1', 'postcode', 'city', 'county');

change it to

protected $fieldsRequired = array('id_country', 'alias', 'lastn

Thanks, thought it was just me who couldn't find the instructions to force a telephone number entry! Works- thanks, JC

• 1 month later...

Hey man thanks so so much for that.

Am i right in assuming then if its not the HOME phone you want as compulsory but you want the MOBILE to be the one, then is it the code phone_mobile?

Also one thing :) this * works but on my theme the * is in the color Red, but when i put this on the phone one it is White :( how do i color this Red?

THanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Am i right in assuming then if its not the HOME phone you want as compulsory but you want the MOBILE to be the one, then is it the code phone_mobile?

Also one thing :) this * works but on my theme the * is in the color Red, but when i put this on the phone one it is White :( how do i color this Red?

THanks

I also having this problem. Does anyone know how to do the asterix red?

• 2 months later...

Hey!

Try to edit your classes/address.php from:

{l s='Home phone'}

to:

{l s='Home phone'}

and then edit your then in your theme folder edit the authentication.tpl file from:

{l s='Home phone'}

to:

{l s='Home phone'}

I have not tested yet, but I think it will work.

Regards,
J

• 4 weeks later...

THanks

I also having this problem. Does anyone know how to do the asterix red?

use "*" instead of "*"

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

I am on 1.2.5. I followed these steps to make Home Phone required on sign up.

Which works fine.

However if a customer trys to edit or add an address through their account or by my on the admin back office I see this error:

Can anyone help please as this is a major problem for me.

Thanks

Jaime

I have done.

It seems that if i try to edit an address that was created before i made the amendment to the phone feild required it shows the error:

But if i try edit an address that was created after the amendment it works.

Any ideas?