Categories for each brand

habashdesign

Hello,

I'm new to prestashop and I would like to find a solution to the following:

I am designing a multi-brand store which have many products for each brand, for example:

We offer (i.e Nike, Reebok, Puma) brands and each brand has different products (Shoes, T-shirts, Pants,...etc).

By Clicking on nike page, it list all products of nike, i want to set a category for (nike brand) to show only the products of one of the categories of nike. So if a customer want to see nike products and interested in shoes, he click on shoes category of (nike brand) page to view all available shoes.

Perfect example of what i want to achieve is:

http://www.freshcotton.com/en/shop/brands/element/

On the left side, there will be department section which is different in each brand page.

Please advice and best regards...

• 5 weeks later...

Why don't you create category for each brand and subcategories shoes, pants...

Because i don't want it to look unprofessional since i already made the brands list, also i made the categories lists, all i need to know is how to make the categories for each brand.

This is how it is at the moment:

A client click on any brand then click on a category it shows all the chosen category but for all brands.

This is how i want it to be:

A client click on any brand then click on a category, then to show all the chosen category for this specific brand.

A sample of this link shows what i want to achive: http://www.freshcotton.com/en/shop/brands/element/

I know its doable since i saw many designs people made here with what i want to achieve but no one is sharing information so far!

• 2 years later...

Not sure how active this forum is, but I have a similar issue. We are currently uploading items with attribute styles. For example we have Print that will go on T-Shirts and Hoodies. T-Shirts and Hoodies are Style Attributes. I want visitors to be able to see all the Hoodies we have on the site but I can't figure out how to do it. Any help?

As dioniz says, you should create a category for each brand and then create the subcategories.

Why it's not an option?

The issue is this. We have a clothing shop and the same print can go on various styles, so for example on a T-Shirt, on a Hoodie and on a Tank Top. Those Styles we set up as attributes. Now even if I create a category called "Hoodie" I don't see how I could add all Hoodie styles in there, I only see how to assign a product.

The issue is this. We have a clothing shop and the same print can go on various styles, so for example on a T-Shirt, on a Hoodie and on a Tank Top. Those Styles we set up as attributes. Now even if I create a category called "Hoodie" I don't see how I could add all Hoodie styles in there, I only see how to assign a product.

Mmmmm, I guess I didn't catch the problem. I mean:

Home

|-----Hoodie

|        |-------Style 1

|        |-------Style 2

|-----T-Shirt

|        |-------Style 1

|        |-------Style 3

That wont work?

Mmmmm, I guess I didn't catch the problem. I mean:

Home

|-----Hoodie

|        |-------Style 1

|        |-------Style 2

|-----T-Shirt

|        |-------Style 1

|        |-------Style 3

That wont work?

In theory looks good but how can I assign a specific style to a category?

In theory looks good but how can I assign a specific style to a category?

When you mean style is the product? I mean.

Hoodie with Style 1 = Product X? or there are more levels?

I recommend you this because the breadcrumbs gonna look great Hoodie>Style1...

But hey, I'm new on PrestaShop as well as you, just trying to help you because I'm waiting answer on another thread  :D

Here is an example:   http://www.shirtgeil.de/anzug-an-heute-abend-wirds-legendar-5

this is a product and you can choose between different styles, colours and sizes. I want to create a page that will show all products that have the style hoodie because not all designs are also for hoodies. So basically an overview of items that have hoodies as a style.

Maybe now it's more clear :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...