how to create different product feature for each individual category

Hi,

I am making a e commerce website for multiple category like Electronics, Mobile, Cloths and Shoes.

I am facing a issue when I am adding a product to a catalog for e.g T.V so it is showing features of mobile. Example is attached. I want different product feature for different category.

Thanks

http://sastavasta.com/

post-800042-0-85642800-1402062810_thumb.jpg

Edited by atul_hbg (see edit history)

Common issue. It's not possible to filter them by default, you have to edit the core, add a new property for the feature object or create an entirely new one (Feature Category) so that it associates to a single or multiple product categories. Overly complicated to explain in a forum message, you need to have a solid understanding of both oop php and prestashop

There is no guide as far as I know, you have to inspect the feature class, create a new object (probably) and add a property to the feature object, probably a new table in the database too (like feature_category)

Or maybe just that, feature_category table in the db, and a module/ back office page to manage associations. But then you have to edit the product features page in the back office as well.

Complex

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...