CHMOD PERMISSIONS

Hello, can I find somewhere, which is predefined (optimal) setting for permissions (atributes of files and folders)? Regarding safety.... because I enabled writing and 777 to all modules and mails folders in order to be able to translate emails templates and installed modules.

How should be permissions set up and should I be affraid if I leave it 777 or 757?

thank you all in advance and my best regards

if you are forced to set permissions to 777..then you should check that your domain name group is the owner of the files.

After you are sure that your running domain is owner of files, the in most cases 755 for folders and 644 for files (666 for .htaccess) is optimal, again for 'most' permissions.

This may be something you want to discuss with your hosting provider or webmaster if you are not comfortable doing this yourself.

chown example

chown -R (domain_name):psacln '.(your_ps_directory)/*';

note: psacln is typical for Plesk, this may differ in your hosting.

example chmod

folders

chmod 755 $(find /path/to/base/dir -type d)

files
chmod 644 $(find /path/to/base/dir -type f)

• Like 1

how can I check that "my domain name group is the owner of the files"?? Thank you in advance!

To setup permissions I can do via Filezilla ftp manager... the rest (chown, psacln)  I don't understand (no experience, I don't know what is that)

This I can do via Filezilla:

example chmod

folders

chmod 755 $(find /path/to/base/dir -type d)

files
chmod 644 $(find /path/to/base/dir -type f)