Free Shipping only for a certain zone

BoKr

I hope this is the correct forum for this question.

I need help to configure shipping in ps 1.5.6.2. I 'd even hire some help if you sent me a reasonable charge and I hope I am allowed to aks this here. But I am looking for help since 3 months now and I do not have a solution. Mainly I asked in the Geman forum but now I try it here.

Presta is set up to calculate the shipping by price threshhold - not by weight at the moment. So I can advertise to offer free shipping when customers buy for 40 €.

The problem is that we ship to Eurozone and when customers buy for 41 € shipping will be free - as intended. That is ok. But it is not okay if this order weighs some kilos! Because then we would have to pay a high fee - e.g. 20 € for 8 kilos or so. You see, we would make minus.

So I need to a possibility to make Prestashop skip the 'free shipping - variable'-condition when shippment zone is not 'standard-zone'.

Is this possible via vanilla Prestashop, a drity hack, or could this be easily done via a module where you check mark the zones that shall have NO free shipping condition?

thank you

Boris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Boris,

this could probably be resolved by creating more than carrier with the same name/description and by applying different ranges to them, however if you want the carrier to be the same, but to show up only for certain zones..that would require a modification of some of the core functions.

You could either ask a freelancer here on forum, on sites like freelancer.com or send me a PM, I could take a look at it.