[SOLVED] Taxing products for only your state(s) and tax display

Hi folks, I have a 1.2.4 installation up and running. Some products are taxable via state tax, some are not (specified in the product entry screen).

For the products that are taxable, it always shows the price with tax incl., no matter what I set "Price Display" as under Preferences->Products.

In Payment->Taxes, I edited ID 1 to be MA State TAX (6.25%) and adjusted it's setting to be USA/Massachusetts being checked... And I have Tax Enabled checked....

In shipping, I have myself as the default carrier and checked off the USA zone... The "tax behaviour" for state for MA is on the default, "Product Tax"....

However, the price always shows as "$53.13 incl. tax", for example, for a $50.00 product no matter what I set the previously mentioned Price Display option as...

I know there have been other threads on the subject, but they are either incomplete or do not seem to have a resolution. Could someone direct me as to what I might be missing or if this is a known bug (couldn't find similar in bug tracker). I'd like all products to display without tax until the customer checks out and enters their state info (at which time tax is added)

Thanks for any help...

Yes, it does matter
the product tax that is set in the product's details is not the tax you want to set if you want to charge only people being shipped to in MA
this tax will tax EVERYONE, no matter where the product will be shipped to

the answer to this is not going to singly answer nate's problem, but obviously something very screwy is going on if you set preferences to display tax excluded and the shop displays tax included

Unfortunately, there is no easier way I know than to go to Tools > Translations, then go through the Front Office translations and Modules translations and find each text field that mentions tax and rewrite it without the tax part. For the text fields that are like just (tax incl.), you need to enter a space as the translation. I think the next version of Prestashop will have an option to disable tax altogether.

Hey rocky thanks so much for the reply.

I messed with it a little bit - in translations. I havn't quite figured it out yet. but i'll get there.

Presta Shops is so far the best shops i've used compared to others.

Yeah hopefully they will come up with a NO TAX SHOWING option.

Does anyone know of a way to change the HOME link on the presta shops.

In side the front end of the store.

Thanks

to clearify

do you ALWAYS charge tax for the products that are taxable
or do you only want to charge the MA state tax to customers who have a ship to address in MA?

Hi all - I want to charge state tax to only MA customers. I figured out my initial problem was that I had both US *and* MA checked off in the zones, so it was showing tax for every customer. With just MA checked, howver it doesn't apply tax at all...

Any suggestions?

Hi, so I found what I was overlooking (though thought I had checkedit it already, etc... ;) )...

1. I had "US" checked in addition to my state "MA" which was one issue..
2. I neglected to check the "tax behavior" under the states list, to "state tax" from the default of "product tax"
3. Changed prefs to show with tax excluded...
4. and finally - a quick edit to the product.tpl to nix the "tax exc/inc" tex altogether...

Thanks all for the input...