Its very hard to contact the themes seller

XtreM726

I bought themes, according to the explanation, the themes compatible with prestashop v.16. but after I installed, these themes are not compatible.
how could this happen? how to contact the developer ? I sent email twice, but no answer.

If the developer can not privide me the themes that compatible with v1.6. I request refund.

Thanks.

post-48303-0-11733300-1401853706_thumb.png

hi.

Yes, here is the email I get.

Thank you for choosing PrestaShop Addons.

We are writing to confirm that your refund request related to the order #212735 is currently being processed.

The amount should be in your bank account (or PayPal account) within 10 business days.

Please edit the product description.

Thanks.

Yup, they're tested thouroughly. We're re-testing this one

And it's working fine. http://demo.prestashop-howto.com/theme/polishop/en/

Both we and the contributor wanted the customer happy, hence the refund ;)

Xavier, you do realize that you shared a PS 1.5 demo store, correct?   This thread is about a theme being marked as compatible with PS v1.6

There are many files existing on that store that no longer exist on a PS v1.6 store.

• 2 weeks later...

This may not be the only problem. I have a customer who bought a theme that was labeled responsive in the Addons shop. It certainly has some responsive properties. Yet in the PS menu it is labelled as not responsive. Don't know what to think of that.

Correction: it appeared that the theme was only for 1.5. So it is probably for that reason that 1.6 doesn't see it as responsive.

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)

No, I had sent the customer a link to the addons shop but forgotten that the Addons shop doesn't store its filters in the link. So instead of the relevant themes the customer was confronted with all themes. And she hadn't checked for the version. 

So now I have a 1.5 theme with a 1.6 shop.....

No, I had sent the customer a link to the addons shop but forgotten that the Addons shop doesn't store its filters in the link. So instead of the relevant themes the customer was confronted with all themes. And she hadn't checked for the version. 

So now I have a 1.5 theme with a 1.6 shop.....

Hi musicmaster, can you give us some details on the actual problem, do you have that link available? What would be the ideal solution in this situation? From there, we can work together on fixing this for you and other contributors. Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi Benjamin,

I had somehow assumed that the Addons shop stored its filters in its url. It seems so logical to me to have it implemented that way so that I can send people preselected views. So I had just copied the url. It was a very long url (http://addons.prestashop.com/en/3-templates-prestashop?utm_source=prestashop.com&utm_medium=main-menu&utm_campaign=internal-linking&utm_content=theme) so I didn't check its content. In fact of course the url filtered nothing.

If that is not possible the most logical solution from my point of view would be to show the templates standard with a filter so that only those suitable for 1.6 are shown.

A related problem that I would like to be solved is that it appears that the seller of the template is TemplateMonster. The theme is version 1.0 (meaning that it has never been updated). I have sent the author an email through the Addons form but am already several days waiting for the answer. I am afraid I will never hear anything and that I have lost the money spent on the theme and that feels unfair. I would prefer that Prestashop banned collector sites like TemplateMonster and forced the authors to register on the Addons website themselves. That way Prestashop would have their contact information and can do something when there are problems. Now the authors are protected by too many layers of anonymity.

• Like 1