Error: Add address form not displaying First Name field, hence cannot add address

Hi All,

I'm unable to add an address in the add address form (Back office) since everytime, I save it, it gives me an error that I must include First Name however that field isn't even available on the form for me to fill. I'm stuck in that mode and unable to add any addresses coz of it. Please help.

url: droppedpin.net

Screenshot attached

post-133792-0-45901600-1401705472_thumb.png

Edited by peanut (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Alright, I have figured it out. If your First Name field is not showing up in the add address area on the front end or back office this is what you can do. Go to Localization -> Countries. Select the country you need to edit. In the customer section form fields it looked like this:

Customer:firstname lastname
address1 address2
city, State:name postcode
phone

I made it look like this:

firstname lastname
address1 address2
phone

It works now, the first name field is showing again an all of the forms! I'm not sure how it got messed up. I hope this helps others.

• Like 1

Alright, I have figured it out. If your First Name field is not showing up in the add address area on the front end or back office this is what you can do. Go to Localization -> Countries. Select the country you need to edit. In the customer section form fields it looked like this:

address1 address2

phone

firstname lastname

address1 address2

phone

It works now, the first name field is showing again an all of the forms! I'm not sure how it got messed up. I hope this helps others.

What prestashop are you using?

I'm using prestashop 1.6.0.9

if possible, share some screenshot.

I didnt find any "customer:"

but I cant add new address as it only show additional information and phone number.

EDIT:

Found that it's not bug on my part, I misconfigured the default country in Localization-localization, and configured the wrong field in localization country too. This result no field being shown.

Edited by Mickeel (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

address1 address2

phone

firstname lastname

address1 address2

phone

OMG U SAVED MY LIFE!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! :wub:

• Like 1