Hello,

In the 1.6 backoffice in the dashboard screen, on the right hand side bar displays "prestashop news"  I can't find instructions for either editing the words and links or disabling that function. 

Can someone please provide instructions where to find the file for editing & instructions for editing?

I imagine many people would find this post helpful and if its already been posted before, please provide link to the post. 

Thank you for your time. 

Thanks for getting back with me so quickly, I reviewed the instructions and they appear to be for prestashop 1.5. I am looking for editing/changing files for prestashop 1.6. 

Have you successfully edited per the instructions in presetashop 1.6?

If you have please let me know and I would suggest updating the how-to doc to include 1.6. 

Thank you.

open file:

/ADMIN_DIR/themes/default/template/controllers/deashboard/helpers/view/view.tpl and remove this code:

<section class="dash_news panel">
				<h3><i class="icon-rss"></i> PrestaShop News</h3>
				<div class="dash_news_content"></div>
			</section>
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Found this thread whilst looking to solve my problem of removing the adverts (eBay, Google etc) on the dashboard in 1.6.

Although this thread did not solve my problem, I thought I'd post my simple fix: Disable/Uninstall the 'Merchant Expertise' module under the 'Modules' tab.

This will remove those pesky advert banners.

Thanks.

• Like 1