BUG FIX for SSL warning caused by google analytics

golojap

Hi all,

If you have annoying SSL warnings on your website, they are probably caused by Google Analytics v1.2. Since the code of google has been updated to support SSL, I though it was worth a shot to update the code of the module. So here it is, just replace the existing .php file with the one attached (and do a backup of the original in case something goes wrong of course ;-)

Please do not rely on my fix untill the prestashop team approves this modif and officially integrates it into prestashop.

Please note that the fix came straight from Google (see http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55483), I've only adapted the code from the module.

Just in case I've also opened a bug tracker for this issue:
http://www.prestashop.com/bug_tracker/view/3228/

Hope it helps

goloajp

ganalytics.php

You're welcome ... I'm pretty new to Prestashop and really love it. What I particularly like also is the strong community behind it, so when I get a chance to bring my 2 cents, I'm glad to do so.

FYI, the Prestashop team apparently has integrated the fix in the SVN version. I guess this means it should be part of the next release.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody!

I have updated the ganalytics php but it is still not working for me. Security warnings keep on coming out when ssl is enabled.
Do I need to modify anything on the ganalytics.php or just upload it to the site?

Thank you for your help