memcached and mysql 5.6.16 support 1.5.6.2

If I were to go through the process of setting up mysql 5.6.16 with memcached support will Prestashop 1.5.6.2 take advantage of it?  I currently am using Xcache 3.1.0 on my site and PHP sees it and it helps but I'm wondering if implementing MySQL memcached for both opcode and MySQL would improve performance by caching all of the small SQL queries as well as PHP?  It seems that MySQL / memcached setup would help for the multiple small queries that are run against it and if it could do double duty as the opcode cacher then I would switch.

Just wanting to leverage the best technology to squeeze all the cache optimization changes I can out of my system.

Thanks!

James Stepp

• 3 months later...

Does anyone have experience with Percona 5.6  MySQL innodb memcache plugin?  I'd love to know if there is an easy way to implement the MySQL calls so that they try MySQL's memcache plugin then the innodb table(s) to prime the cache for future use.

If this is too much work or flat out not supported I will abandon this and move on but if this can improve Prestashop's performance even 30% or maybe more I'd work on it some more.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/innodb-memcached-porting-mysql.html

Thanks in advance...

James

Edited by jstepp28 (see edit history)