Moved my presta to a new domain - nearly working, apart from it cant connect to the database

Hi, having a few problems here and I'm completely stuck. I've moved the website from www.marlowbeauty.com to www.marlownailandbeauty.co.uk/products/ as we now have support for presta on our main homepage.

Bear with me please, I'm going to try and give a full description of what I did...

Firstly I moved the whole PS directory from domain A to domain B using my ftp software..

Then, I used phpmyadmin to export the database from the old domain (marlowbeauty.com), and then imported it into the new domain (marlownailandbeauty.co.uk).

Then I edited settings.ini with the new database settings folowing the same rules as how it had been set up previously....but when I try and load the shop it comes up with

"Link to database cannot be established."

I have tried loads of different settings, but it doesnt work, just get messages like, database selection couldnt be made, but that sounded more promising. But now i don't know what to try, so I turn to you guys to see if you can see where I've gone wrong.

settings in phpmyadmin are exactly the same as in my settings.ini file, where have I gone wrong? Has it mashed it as It's an install from a previous domain, and sometihngs just not quite right?

I've checked in the backoffice of presta, and these changes have been updated in the preferences > database area from the settings.ini

Any ideas would be really appreciated, I hope it's something simple. I was wondering if it was anything to do with the COOKIE KEY and COOK IV values?

Thanks in advance for any contributions.

define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/products/'); <---- updated this, as it's in a new DIR. Seems to work.
define('_THEME_NAME_', '13violet');
define('_DB_NAME_', 'marlownailandbeauty_co_uk_db1'); <---- this is the name as per phpmyadmin
define('_DB_SERVER_', '127.0.0.1'); <---- hosting provider says to use this address rather than localhost
define('_DB_USER_', 'fewleh'); <-- admin username on the db in phpmyadmin
define('_DB_PREFIX_', 'ps_'); <--- fairly standard I think?
define('_DB_PASSWD_', '******'); <--- password as per phpmyadmin login
define('_DB_TYPE_', 'MySQL');
define('_COOKIE_KEY_', 'R8QJ33aAFhA299UvkWTPvDCdbyoAhCPNqiy9bQhBBpF2VH8kC0kXhoxs');
define('_COOKIE_IV_', 'uDwsASCB');
define('_PS_VERSION_', '1.1.0.5');

you shouldn't update to the newest version of prestashop at this stage since you a functioning store and making a transfer from domain A to domain B.

Check with your new host if you have full access right granted to your mysql user function on your database.

database name for some servers are case sensitive....try verify that!

:)

• 4 weeks later...