[SOLVED] addon site Non Trustable ... Not refund Paid for 1 year update

johnme

Module name :

Additional Payment Fees & Discounts

- Update option : 1-year update

This is module now cannot find anymore from prestashop addon site

So please give me refund which i paid for 1 year update

if you removed modul . due to module Developer andd your addon site . its not our problem . atleast you make support Which user are alrady buyed ... New purchase must be shop if you have any problem with module developer or module

Edited by johnme (see edit history)

This does seem pretty sketchy in a number of ways

1) A customer can purchase 1 year of free upgrades?  As a seller of the module, why am I not receiving a portion of that sale?

2) If a seller pulls their module off, then why is the customer not receiving a pro-rated refund?

3) If the seller uploads a "major" version, and a customer has purchased a "1 year update", how does this work?  Does the customer have to pay for the major update, even though they paid for 1 year of free updates?

i buy this module on 11/26/2013

Paid for 1 Year update also ..

But this module Now cannot find In addon website ... they remove this module ...

Now PS version 1.6 ...    The module Developer Website have updated version for 1.6 ..

But prestashop addon have only V1.5

If addon site Do not want to Support this module anymore in addon site . why they dont refund the user money

• Like 1

@bellini13

To get down to the brass tacks of it, this is how I think it needs to be handled. Modules need to be written to the coding standards of versions. Do away with modules that are compatible with 1.4x - 1.6x. Require the developers to have 3 separate modules, the 1.4 version, the 1.5 version and the 1.6 version. (I don't mean make them develop a module for past versions, just no multiple version modules) Then make purchases valid for versions. Like say if I buy one of your modules for 1.6, then I get every 1.6 update you do. Then when 1.7 comes out, I have to buy another module. That really is the only fair way to do it. I have had too many clients that buy a module, don't buy the upgrades, then a bug is discovered in the module some months later. The standard answer I have gotten is that the latest version fixes it, but the client did not buy the upgrade. 

I think that is the only fair way to do it and offer people an idea of what they are getting. i know it is a pain in the butt to write a separate module for each version, but in the end it will actually make more money. Case in point, if I have a client that has a shop on 1.4.9 and they buy a module that is compatible for 1.4.8.3 -> 1.5.6.2 then they decide to upgrade, no more money is made. If they have to buy a module for 1.4, then when they upgrade they have to buy a module for 1.5, more money is made. I think people will understand that too. 

Think of how much a pain the current system can become. Say I buy a module at the end of the 1.6 lifespan and buy the support. Then Prestashop decides for 1.7 to totally change the system around renaming a bunch of classes and maybe using code igniter instead of smarty. Modules might have to be completely written from scratch but some people will get them for free.

Just my thoughts, I am not really a module developer though.

HI Samyha, please do not over look the questions/concerns that have been raised by this topic

1) A customer can purchase 1 year of free upgrades?  As a seller of the module, why am I not receiving a portion of that sale?

2) If a seller pulls their module off, then why is the customer not receiving a pro-rated refund?

3) If the seller uploads a "major" version, and a customer has purchased a "1 year update", how does this work?  Does the customer have to pay for the major update, even though they paid for 1 year of free updates?

Hi,

@bellini13 : the discussion would really be easier to follow if we'd keep it in one topic only, I'm thinking of the one topic where I already explained the principle of one-year-update and two-year-update plans, available for Certified Agencies only. http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/325238-upgrade-module-at-addons/?p=1[spam-filter]59

We want to solve johnme's issue quickly, and sidetracking from the original problem isn't going to help him. Let's stick to the forum rules, please.

Hello Johnme,

Could you email me at samyha(at)prestashop.com please? I also need details such as the developer's name and your Addons order number.

Thanks!

I send Email to you my Order ID

also Here i paste

My Order ID in Addon site  : #167005

Thanks to Samyha to resolve my issue ..

Thanks Prestashop Team .. I have Received a email from prestashop addon for Refund my Order ID

Once refund done . please close this Thread

Thank you for choosing PrestaShop Addons.

We are writing to confirm that your refund request related to the order #167005 is currently being processed.

The amount should be in your bank account (or PayPal account) within 10 business days.

If you have any questions or require additional information, feel free to contact our expert support team at 1-888-947-6543.

Edited by johnme (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi,

@bellini13 : the discussion would really be easier to follow if we'd keep it in one topic only, I'm thinking of the one topic where I already explained the principle of one-year-update and two-year-update plans, available for Certified Agencies only. http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/325238-upgrade-module-at-addons/?p=1[spam-filter]59

We want to solve johnme's issue quickly, and sidetracking from the original problem isn't going to help him. Let's stick to the forum rules, please.

Yes Xavier, I had forgotten about that explanation, thank you.