[SOLVED] Max_input_vars 1000: problems in translation of forms

I'm trying to translate the modules installed, because I have changed the code dwt, but it appears this inscription: 

"Attention! Your PHP configuration limits the number of fields in the form of post 

1000 max_input_vars. 

Please ask your hosting provider to increase this limit to at least 4044, or you will have to edit the translation files"

if you do not want to contact the provider, what can I do to fix it? 

Thanks for your time.

Edited by marcellolaforgia (see edit history)

Hi,

modify your .htaccess file and add this lines:

php_value post_max_size "32M"
php_value max_input_vars 5000

Regards

I'm very new to all of this... I can't find the .htaccess file.

it would be in my ftp folder right?

also I read in another thread to make/edit a file "php.ini" file...would I write the same code in that file or something different?? Please help, thanks a ton!!!

.htaccess is the file located at the root FTP folder of your site (often this is public_html folder)

Also you can change this settings at the php.ini there is another way, feel free to contact with your hosting support team for doing it.

I appreciate the reply,

I was able to find it, and edit it and now it's working just fine. I grateful to you!

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi,

Hi !

Please I need help

I want to translate the front office in french but I 1000 so I need to increase.

I do not have php.ini fair. Htaccess but I do not know where to put your code.

Tell me about the process.

Edited by Leo04 (see edit history)

Hi,

At the root of the your website you can find file with name: `.htaccess`. This is your default .htaccess witch containts the next lines:

# ~~start~~ Do not remove this comment, Prestashop will keep automatically the code outside this comment when .htaccess will be generated again
# .htaccess automaticaly generated by PrestaShop e-commerce open-source solution
# http://www.prestashop.com - http://www.prestashop.com/forums
# ~~end~~ Do not remove this comment, Prestashop will keep automatically the code outside this comment when .htaccess will be generated again

you need add the several lines for example before `# ~~start~~` line:

If it isn't works for you, seems like your host provider restrict such settings and you need to contact with hosting support service for doing it

Regards

Hi,

At the root of the your website you can find file with name: `.htaccess`. This is your default .htaccess witch containts the next lines:

# ~~start~~ Do not remove this comment, Prestashop will keep automatically the code outside this comment when .htaccess will be generated again
# .htaccess automaticaly generated by PrestaShop e-commerce open-source solution
# http://www.prestashop.com - http://www.prestashop.com/forums
# ~~end~~ Do not remove this comment, Prestashop will keep automatically the code outside this comment when .htaccess will be generated again

you need add the several lines for example before `# ~~start~~` line:

If it isn't works for you, seems like your host provider restrict such settings and you need to contact with hosting support service for doing it

Regards

I placed the code between the lines, but it gives me an internal error

My host does not have a grip on these files can not change

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Regards

Thanks, this helped for translating the regular frontend files.

But I still get this error message when trying to translate the modules in the "localisation / translation" menu. How can I solve that?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...