Shop Owner New Order Email Notification not working in PS 1.6.0.6

Hi all,

I have a Prestashop 1.6.0.6 configured in 3 languages and so the names of the products are in 3 different languages. I have installed the MailAlerts 3.2.9 module which comes with Prestashop.

Any idea why I'm not receiving the emails with the customers new orders. All options are activated and my email is set in the configuration.

And another question, do you know where to set the language of that email? For example, if my customer places the order using French (with French product names) I would like the Notification email to be always in English (main language of the site) so the email should contain the English product names.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, I have the same problem, however I don't have different languages configured.

Besides, I've tried "test your email configuration" and the system sends me this message 

Strict Standards: Declaration of Mail::Send() should be compatible with MailCore::Send($id_lang, $template, $subject, $template_vars, $to, $to_name = NULL, $from = NULL, $from_name = NULL, $file_attachment = NULL, $mode_smtp = NULL, $template_path = '/var/www/v...', $die = false, $id_shop = NULL, $bcc = NULL) in/var/www/vhosts/floresporimpulso.com/httpdocs/classes/PrestaShopAutoload.php on line 117
ok

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I have the same problem, however I don't have different languages configured.

Besides, I've tried "test your email configuration" and the system sends me this message 

Strict Standards: Declaration of Mail::Send() should be compatible with MailCore::Send($id_lang, $template, $subject, $template_vars, $to, $to_name = NULL, $from = NULL, $from_name = NULL, $file_attachment = NULL, $mode_smtp = NULL, $template_path = '/var/www/v...', $die = false, $id_shop = NULL, $bcc = NULL) in/var/www/vhosts/floresporimpulso.com/httpdocs/classes/PrestaShopAutoload.php on line 117

ok

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

what php version your host use?

your problem can be related to two things:

- bad permissions

- host limitations

i want to say something more about second thing.

some of hosts allows to store only a certain number of files, for example 100k

cache in prestashop generates a lot of files, in some cases more than 100k

so in effect, script can't generate more files.

what to do?

if i were you i will check permissions to files, grant 777 chmods recursively

and if this will not solve problem - ask hoster about limitations related to number of files

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I wanted to write that I will test this recommendations but now I have just received email about creating new order. The only things I have done was - install mail alert from prestashop and configure properly, then deactivate it and then again activate. And after that I have reset all settings for DNS server with help of my hosting and it seems to be ok. Ne need to any input into any file etc. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Probleme mailalerts

Hi there I have an issue with the module mailalerts, it doesn’t send any emails, to the marchant or the client when a new order is place

Prestashop 1.6.0.9.

Mailalerts v 3.5.1.

I have cheked:

Localization/translation/email/   I have the translation needed for mailalerts

Advance parameter/email/           email is set with SMTP correctly (no error message) and I receive the test email

Yes the module mailalerts is enable

I removed it, re install it, enable it, disable it, enable, reset……

Still same problem

The payment module is paypal

Any help will be welcome.

Thankx

• 1 month later...

Having the same issue here, probably that happened after I have updated a totally different module, dont remember which one exactly (might have been home page slider or something like that)

I am on Prestashop 1.6.0.9 and I had to uninstall completely the email alers module 3.5.2 so the customers could place an order

Having the module installed, prevents customer from confirming the order at the last step, throwing a very long error with id_shop or something like that.

Probleme mailalerts

Hi there I have an issue with the module mailalerts, it doesn’t send any emails, to the marchant or the client when a new order is place

Prestashop 1.6.0.9.

Mailalerts v 3.5.1.

I have cheked:

Advance parameter/email/           email is set with SMTP correctly (no error message) and I receive the test email

Still same problem

Thankx

Edited by kayol10 (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi. I come from 1.6.0.x and now I'm 1.6.1.7

The only page that doesn't work is Email.

the error_log tells:

[16-Oct-2016 10:13:04 Europe/Rome] PHP Strict Standards:  Declaration of Mail::Send() should be compatible with MailCore::Send($id_lang, $template, $subject, $template_vars, $to, $to_name = NULL, $from = NULL, $from_name = NULL, $file_attachment = NULL, $mode_smtp = NULL, $template_path = _PS_MAIL_DIR_, $die = false, $id_shop = NULL, $bcc = NULL, $reply_to = NULL) in /home/beeitaly/public_html/override/classes/Mail.php on line 485

[16-Oct-2016 10:13:04 Europe/Rome] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare class Swift in /home/beeitaly/public_html/tools/swift/Swift.php on line 32

I did the uninstall/erase the Emailalerts module/folder

then upped from Github, install.. no improvements.

I've also checked the translations. I've only italian/english since 1.6.0.x

All the module folder is tested with def perm and +777

My PHP mem limit is already 128M

My php is 5.6 as Cpanel of Relichost.net says.

Don't really now how to do.. this is the only page that doesn't work.. only way I think is to change functions reported in the error_log ! !

SOLVED!

I totally erased Swift and replaced from 1.6.1.7

altough I came from automatic upgrade, the Swift foder was full of older versions and the newer is really light in number of files and folder than before!

now Email works!

bye

Edited by ugokind (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Friendly advice:

watch out with new installed themes that you want to use. Often these new themes have different rights set, like 0755 (for folders) for instance, while the default theme (folders) is set to 0771. Files in themes folder are set to 0644.

When installing and using a new theme, check these rights.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Probleme mailalerts

Prestashop 1.6.0.9.

Mailalerts v 3.5.1.

I have cheked:

Still same problem

Thankx

Hi, did you find the solution? Because I have the same issue. Thank you