shop stays in maintenance mode and cache disabled

Hi there,

I have upgraded my prestashop test shop from 1.4.11 to 1.6.0.6.

It stays in maintenance mode (I have already cleared the cache, removed the smarty directories, put the PS_ENABLE_SHOP to 1, etc) and I cannot modify certain settings like for compiling and activate cache.

I also cannot add products and categories. The fields where I have to add the information are  all blank.

Any ideas?

thanks a lot in advance!

Edited by arancia (see edit history)

Hi, 

I have the exact same problem. Store is not remembering settings like enable store (stuck in maintainance mode), cache related and others. Also creared the cache, removed smarty folders, etc....

Upgrade from 1.4.3 to 1.6.0.6.. is the second upgrade when the shop acts that way - I made a rollback from the other one.

I also had some errors during the upgrade and after, each time:

Warning on line 56 in file /home/secret/public_html/coroane-funerare.eu/classes/Translate.php

[2] file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/secret/public_html/coroane-funerare.eu/translations/ro/admin.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/secret/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/var/tmp:/de)

<b>Warning</b>:  is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/secret/public_html/coroane-funerare.eu/themes/.htaccess/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/secret/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/var/tmp:/de) in <b>/home/secret/public_html/coroane-funerare.eu/install/upgrade/php/create_multistore.php</b> on line <b>47</b><br />

Warning on line 56 in file /home/secret/public_html/coroane-funerare.eu/classes/Translate.php

[2] file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/secret/public_html/coroane-funerare.eu/translations/ro/admin.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/secret/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/var/tmp:/de)

<b>Warning</b>:  is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/secret/public_html/coroane-funerare.eu/themes/.htaccess/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/secret/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/var/tmp:/de) in <b>/home/secret/public_html/coroane-funerare.eu/install/upgrade/php/create_multistore.php</b> on line <b>47</b><br />

Property infoClass->text is empty

Deleted the language pack and some errors are gone.

The error "Property infoClass->text is empty" appears when I try to do some settings in BO.

The update has been done respecting the prestashop instructions (manual upgrade).

Please help...

Later edit:

Blank page if I try to add new product. Other errors on catalog tab from BO (like 1 for each existing product):

Notice on line 583 in file /home/secret/public_html/coroane-funerare.eu/classes/Tools.php
[8] Trying to get property of non-object

Edited by x3n0m0rph (see edit history)