[SOLVED] Applying a sale to the entire site

whats the quickets way to apply a 10% sale to every single item on my website

i have many products with many attributes and i want to stick 10% off every single product adn attribute but also display the sale logo

can i do this a nice quick way through the database

www.sts-fixings.co.uk

thats great but i think i have done my attribute prices incorrect

i have set the product price to £0.00 and then added the price to each attribute

was i meant to start with a base price and then put the extra cost to each attribute

so each time a attiribute was selected it will add £x.xx to my base price. or will the sale take the 10% of the attribute price too

• 3 months later...

Help please. I am in PhpMyAdmin and looking at the ps_product section. I go into the "Run SQL query/queries on database" section and see the line "SELECT * FROM `Prestadb_product` WHERE 1".

I can add commands for the "on_sale" and "`reduction_percent`" but I do not see where to set their limits or values. If I add those two values so it looks like this "SELECT * FROM `Prestadb_product` WHERE 1`on_sale``reduction_percent`" I get the error: #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '`on_sale``reduction_percent` LIMIT 0, 30' at line 1.

I have backed up my database, but nothing I seem to put in as a value gets applied or passes without an error. My host does not support this and I want to have a 5% sale on everything for the next 2 weeks. Can you help me?

Help please. I am in PhpMyAdmin and looking at the ps_product section. I go into the "Run SQL query/queries on database" section and see the line "SELECT * FROM `Prestadb_product` WHERE 1".

I can add commands for the "on_sale" and "`reduction_percent`" but I do not see where to set their limits or values. If I add those two values so it looks like this "SELECT * FROM `Prestadb_product` WHERE 1`on_sale``reduction_percent`" I get the error: #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '`on_sale``reduction_percent` LIMIT 0, 30' at line 1.

I have backed up my database, but nothing I seem to put in as a value gets applied or passes without an error. My host does not support this and I want to have a 5% sale on everything for the next 2 weeks. Can you help me?

Hi you need some basic SQL knowledge to do it. for your products that are already on sale, you can write this sql

UPDATE ps_product SET reduction_percent = 5 where on_sale = 1

if you want to set all the products on sale you can run

UPDATE ps_product SET on_sale = 1

if you want to set all the products on sale and give the reduction

UPDATE ps_product SET reduction_percent = 5, on_sale = 1