Free FAQ Module v1.0

rafaxpto

Hi there,

thanks for replying to my post and giving me this great solution. Maybe I can suggest some improvements.

1) Able to add a small banner above all the questions as logo or just another picture saying "Frequently Asked Questions"
2) Able to move the questions up and down so that we can easily sort the questions according to relevance
3 ) Able to add Titles or sub title in the FAQ page for example

SHOPPING

Question 1
Question 2
Question 3

PAYMENTS

Question 1
Question 2

4) Able to do a search in the FAQ list with a search text box.

That's all I have for now .... but this is a really great module I have been really trying to find something like this for a while.

Regards
Archproject

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great module!!
There's just a problem for me, I install it on Prestashop 1.24, when I am in the FAQ page (only in the FAQ page), the links for my-account.php (/shop/modules/faq/my-account.php) and password.php (/shop/modules/faq/password.php), normally these 2 links should be /shop/my-account.php and /shop/password.php.
Can anyone help me with the pro0blem? Thank you.

This is a great module!!
There's just a problem for me, I install it on Prestashop 1.24, when I am in the FAQ page (only in the FAQ page), the links for my-account.php (/shop/modules/faq/my-account.php) and password.php (/shop/modules/faq/password.php), normally these 2 links should be /shop/my-account.php and /shop/password.php.
Can anyone help me with the pro0blem? Thank you.

Hello Sir,
You need to change the path of the links to be relative to the domain of your website, and not relative to the page you are visiting.
Cheers,
Rafa

Hello! Wery good module! But I made one change: move faqs.php from modules folder to root of site, because modules folder is disabled to indexing for searching in robots.txt!
Sorry for my bad English =)

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for this great module! It works. I' now updating their functionalities to improve it. I need these main functionalities:
1: an option of publicated in the database, I want to have some faq in my database but not published. I modified the
backed code to add this new field "publicated". but I have an error Hack attempt when i try to add a faq. which is the
function that validate the parameters or variables in prestashop generally. What is the best option to trace this kinf of
error, because more of the instructions in prestashop finish in die.
2: the second option is group the faqs in categories like products. ? in this topic i just start .. any idea?

Thanks for all.

Ok. I really like this module as I have downloaded the module and uploaded it to the site. I'm sure wondering where did it go after I uploaded it? I can't find it anywhere, did the name change? In other words how to I access it after I upload the module? Thanks for any and all help!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Thanks alot for the mod!

But i trying to make the faq site in "www.mysite.com/faq.php"

But when i installed the mode in module, and then go to the FAQ, it became "http://mysite.com/modules/faq/faqs.php"

How do i do so i can put the file just as "www.mysite/faq.php"

I put all files in the module map and istalled it. Did i do anything wrong? plz help me. =((
Sorry for my bad english

Hi!

Thanks alot for the mod!

But when i installed the mode in module, and then go to the FAQ, it became "http://mysite.com/modules/faq/faqs.php"

I put all files in the module map and istalled it. Did i do anything wrong? plz help me. =((
Sorry for my bad english

I moved faqs.php file into root of site and modified templates (path to file)

Hi!

Thanks alot for the mod!

Sorry for my bad english

I moved faqs.php file into root of site and modified templates (path to file)

Hi!

how did u modified the templates (path to file) then, plz help me.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, yes it's a very good module. On my page works perfect.
U should add one option to faq (back end) - hand sort question.
Example: if i wrote 1,2,3,4... etc question and need write 15th question but on first position on faq page :)
Now I need delete all questions :P yes?

Hi !
I first would like to say thank you to everyone for the progresses made in developping this faq module for the community.
This module is very interesting as it allows us to give the customer a kind of "internal user's manual" regarding "how to order" on the website.

I am running PS 1.2.5.
The recent version faq 1.2.2 installs itself correctly in the module directory.
It does not seem to have any impact on other installed modules/blocks.
I succesfully entered some questions and answers.

But I still face two problems already reported at the early beginning of this thread :

1-I cannot access the question/answer updating (the update/modif/edit button in the faq BO does not react).
2-The answers are txt formatted, and I need to give them some better reading quality, using html.

I was thinking that those problems/limitations were resolved since november.
Is it the case ?
Or is it just me doing someting wrong ?
I tried both versions of the faq module : 1.2.1 and 1.2.2, and my results are identical !

Thank you for any information, help or advice in this matter.

Hi !
I first would like to say thank you to everyone for the progresses made in developping this faq module for the community.
This module is very interesting as it allows us to give the customer a kind of "internal user's manual" regarding "how to order" on the website.

I am running PS 1.2.5.
The recent version faq 1.2.2 installs itself correctly in the module directory.
It does not seem to have any impact on other installed modules/blocks.
I succesfully entered some questions and answers.

But I still face two problems already reported at the early beginning of this thread :

1-I cannot access the question/answer updating (the update/modif/edit button in the faq BO does not react).
2-The answers are txt formatted, and I need to give them some better reading quality, using html.

I was thinking that those problems/limitations were resolved since november.
Is it the case ?

Note: Hi, I think I am having the same problem as you do. I am running ps 1.2.5 with Moon theme. While installing this module, I dont have to move the faqs.tpl file to the root, if i did so, it will appear 404 error and I cant access the webpage.

However, I can only add new faq but not edit them. Even if i click edit, it will create a new faq... Somehow, i have got razaro to test on it (with his own computer and on firefox browser), he managed to edit the faq section through my back office. Well, I am testing on IE8 and firefox with my computer but fail. I have even asked joel to look into my problem, he accessed to my back office and tested on safari, sadly to find out that joel has no problem with the edit matter too. It seems that only i couldnt edit through my computer, maybe..... the bottom left conner of my BO shows 'tinymce is undefined'error...hopefully someone can answer my question too.

Well, will try it out again with my borther laptop when i have free time, otherwise, I will have to get razaro to help to upload and edit the faq section for me....

nic

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

I have it running on 1.3.1 and confirm that is working great without a problem for me.
I did nothing special to make it work so it is strange that it don`t work for you TheDude, have you give permission rights to the folder ?

You could try this,

<!-- FAQ Module -->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{$module_dir}lib/apple.css" />
<!-- /FAQ Module -->

to

<!-- FAQ Module -->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.yoursite.com/modules/faq/lib/apple.css" />
<!-- /FAQ Module -->

Sometime it helps to change it to the full path, i had sometimes modules that where not working correct but changing it to full path to module solved many times my problems.
Worth to try it ;)

Don`t forget when copy from here to change to without the ( - ) cause the forum remove it right away when i post it.

ysco..

Hello Joël Gaujard.

Hehe i wish that i had such knowledge so that i could write my own modules.
I m just a beginner and try to help people with things that i have encountered myself.
If i could help you then i did it right away Joël ;)

BTW i love the Faq module and it is great looking and i use it for some time now, i hope that someone can assist you to develop this great module further.

Thanks so far for your work and contribution.

Best regards,

ysco..

Hi there,

Able to add Titles or sub title in the FAQ page for example

SHOPPING

Question 1
Question 2
Question 3

PAYMENTS

Question 1
Question 2
Archproject

Hi there, I would like put Titles like archproject said. I know it is possible (seen here : http://www.cityfarmer.fr/faq.php).

I don't ask you how to develop the module changing the titles directly from the BO but in the .php & .tpl files.

So if you know how we can do that, thanks for your reply, it will help a lot of people i guess.

Hello probe16,

I found a hack for display title if you want...

You need to do something like this in faq.tpl file :

{foreach from=$faqs item=faq name=loop}
   {if $smarty.foreach.loop.iteration == 2}{l s='My special title' mod='faq'}{/if}
{$faq.question}

{$faq.answer}

{/foreach}

I test it and it works.

But it's better to define title in BO. Waiting in vain for help to enhance this module.

Regards,
Joel

An important post to announce you a new release !

Version 1.3.2 is released
You can download this module on sourceforce : https://sourceforge.net/projects/modprestafaq/

Special thanks to all translators for theirs translations. Now FAQ module is available in 14 languages.
I think this module is a success with its 870 downloads on source forge.

This is the change log:
Tested and validate for PrestaShop version 1.3.1
Enhance dedicated page : add a name for loop to add numbering.
Correct some minor errors.
Add Italian translation. Thanks to Di Giuseppe Luigi !
Add Swedish translation. Thanks to Hjalmarsson, Mats !
Add Slovak translation. Thanks to Mojš Ladisla !
Add Danish translation. Thanks to Elund Christensen !
Add Polish translation. Thanks to Jakub Gzyl !
Add Turkish translation. Thanks to Caglar !

We still search for developers to enhance this module. We have a roadmap ready...
Of course, all translations are welcome !

Regards,
Joel GAUJARD

Hello GreekAirSoft,

Thanks for your contribution. I rename your file to el.php to respect iso language name given by PrestaShop.
But 4 expressions are not translate :(

I just need your complete name (last name + first name) with an URL or mail address. I will send you a PM about this.

Regards,
Joel

• 2 weeks later...

The multilingual site does not work switching languages in the administration. Questions I only write in the default language. (PS v1.3.1.1, FAQ Module v1.3.2)
Does anyone like problem?

Hello,

First thank you for this module, very good idea !
I also have an issue with the translations : while typing a question in the non default prestashop language, I get the message "vous devez saisir une question". By typing it a second time, it's correctly inserted but without any real language since it's visible in the front end FAQ with all the languages.

Did anyone correct this issue ?
Tks
Regards
Benoît

I have problem with This MOD.
when I add something the error come up:
HTTP 403 - Forbidden
This area is forbidden.

any suggestion?

also Joel , I bought one your MOD,, you know me . you never come back to me.
Please advise me

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

This is a great module, very helpful! I am having a small problem with it however. I am using the Wiznav module, and when I click on the FAQ link it causes my wiznav buttons to disappear. Thanks for any help you can offer!

I don't get it anymore. I want this module to show in the informationsblock, that I have placed in the right column.
I can edit these links within my cms. But I don't know had to add a link to www.mywebsite.com/faq.php.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Fixed it already.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - we just wanted to add a few thoughts to this wonderful module.

We have used this module for a number of weeks now and we found the following things that seem to go wrong.

We have loaded 14 questions on each of the 2 PS sites we operate. No problems until recently!

We also use SSL and have found that the recent questions added have activated the SSL break out mode.

We looked and looked at the coding which we had already changed until we had an idea !! ( a light was switched on lol)

In the page faq-colume.tpl we re-wrote the text to the following text:

{l s='FAQ' mod='faq'}

{l s='Do you need help?' mod='faq'}
{l s='Click to see our FAQ section.' mod='faq'}

The most important part to make note of is the bar address – https (https secure mode) yes when we changed this to auto open in Secure mode all our problems ended - no break out page error warnings, no question bars not opening in fact we have to say that both sites are now working with the FAQ module without any visible errors what so ever.

So we just wanted to share this valuable information with other PS users who may also use SSL with their Domains.

Kind regards to all

Great Module well worth installing and twinking for ones own requirements.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello,
I would like to show my question order by question Name and not by ID.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello,
I have quite similar problem: I wish I could put a new question somewhere in the middle of the list without being forced to delete some existing questions, and recreate them downer in the list.

Is there any way to modify a question ID or change the order of questions?

Thanks a lot for this very useful module!

Hello,
I would like to show my question order by question Name and not by ID.

Hello,
I have quite similar problem: I wish I could put a new question somewhere in the middle of the list without being forced to delete some existing questions, and recreate them downer in the list.

Thanks a lot for this very useful module!

for this, the only thing u have to do is add and ORDER BY NAME on the Query

I have installed the latest version of this module v1.3.2 and originally the little graphics above each question showed up, and although I didn't change anything from last night to this morning, except to add the questions and answers, now they do not?

I even put in the full direct path to the graphics within apple.css and they still do not show up.

Another item is that when you mouseover the question, it doesn't show as if it is a link, but if you click on it, the javascript works fine and the answer opens up. Strange.

Any pointers on how I can make the graphics show up again?

I have a problem when I type

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.your_site.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://your_site.com/$1 [R=301,L]

In /.htaccess

when website start lode just as a your_site.com , without 'www'
javascript doesn't work!!

Please advise.

Hi, Look here... http://www.presto-changeo.com/content/6-prestashopseotips?redirected=

I've a problem with changing languages (translating Q&A;).
I've Swedish as standard, but when I click on the Swedish flag, to translate to other languages nothing happens!

According to Google Chrome there is something wrong with "showLanguages is not defined" index.php line 236

Any clues?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Joel,

The below only works for 1 title what about having 2-10 Titles?

Hello probe16,

I found a hack for display title if you want...

You need to do something like this in faq.tpl file :
{foreach from=$faqs item=faq name=loop}
   {if $smarty.foreach.loop.iteration == 2}{l s='My special title' mod='faq'}{/if}
{$faq.question}

{$faq.answer}

{/foreach}

I test it and it works.

But it's better to define title in BO. Waiting in vain for help to enhance this module.

Regards,
Joel

Hello,

Did anybody find the way on how to sort the questions ? Accorging to a previous post, one has to add "Order by name" request. Which file do we have to modify to do so? An example file would be great ....

Great module :)

Sorry but I just realized that I forgot to ask if it is possible to remove the numbers before each question. On the latest release of the module, there's an automatic numbering. Can we disable this feature ?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,
I'm using Matrice Template with a Top menu julien. I installed the module but content appeared in the left column.
I changed hook in the home page content position but it's the same. What is the solution.
For your information, if I configured the origin template prestashop all is ok.
Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Thanks a lot for this very useful module![/i]

for this, the only thing u have to do is add and ORDER BY NAME on the Query

Hi Rommel Castro A (or anybody who knows),

please post an istruction where to add ORDER BY (which line).

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there.

Thanks for this module. Very useful, nice and free module.

One bug (or limitation?) : ul, ol and li html tags are well displayed on BO but not in FO.

I would clone (make another special faq with another name). I tried to duplicate all files and change all faq names, but the clone is not recognized. How can I do it (if it is possible)?

Thanks in advance.

(PS 1.3.3.0 and faq 1.3.2)

Hi there,

How come this module does now want to show the tinymce editor ? I am using PS 1.3.4 and using FAQ 1.3.2. Usually Tinymce would take some time to load but this time it does not show up at all. But on my old PS 1.3.2 it seems ok ...

Please help

EDITED :

could it be because of the Prestateam upgraded the tinymce in version 1.3.4? if so ... how can I make it work for this module ... in other tinymce places it works just this module does not work ...

####################################

# v1.3.4.0 - 3941 (2010-12-22) #

####################################

Improved/changed features :

[*] FO : Added several with/height HTML values for delete.gif

[*] FO : Improved memory management for digital files downloads

[*] FO : Improved the way manufacturers product were counted

[*] BO : added new version of tinyMCE

[*] BO : (cf comment bug #6266) (1.3) - AdminPDF and AdminPreferences - Font PDF can now be changed in every language without changing the employee language

[*] BO : remove old version of tinyMCE

• 4 weeks later...