rafaxpto

Free FAQ Module v1.0

Hello,
I find useful to a lot of shops to have a FAQ, and I didn't find it anywhere.
I made one module with a friend to use as a F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Question), with a Javascript based acordion.To use it, just place the files in the respective folders (respective to the root of your shop), and then install it, then go to /faq.php and that's it.
Prestashop team, who made all of this real and free, if you want to use this for the following versions, that would be our pleasure.
And last but not least, if anyone wants to contribute to this, or to future development of any module, leave your sugestion.
To download the latest version please go to our SVN project in source forge.
http://sourceforge.n...ts/modprestafaq
A big thank to Joël Gaujard, who as improved a lot this module.
Cheers!

Added by mdekker - DO NOT REMOVE

This module has one issue:

- Not compatible with PrestaShop 1.6

This warning can be removed as soon as the issue has been resolved

Edited by rafaxpto
Warning (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Great module Rafa. I believe it something that Presta should have long time ago. Thank you for this. :D

thunder11

can't hook on the left side ? where is it supposed to be displayed ? tks for he answer;-)

I had a look at the code and it is not designed to be placed in the left or right columns. The module creates its own hook called pagecontent and can only be placed in it.

@mohsart & @Fabrice,
@rocky is right, I creates its own hook, to be displayed call the page /faq.php.
Thank you for the good feedback!

Thanks for this module. You should clean some files: temp file, DS.STORE files.

Other thing 2 differents files have same name: faq.php.

Thanks for this module. You should clean some files: temp file, DS.STORE files.

Other thing 2 differents files have same name: faq.php.

Hi jolvil,
Thanks for the advice, I cleaned up it now.
The 2 files with the same name are for 2 different folders and have different functions. The one in the root of the .zip file, should go to the root of your site, the other one to the faq module folder.
Cheers

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the hook good for then? And why not have it "hookable" to wherever one wants?

/Mats

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the hook good for then? And why not have it "hookable" to wherever one wants?

/Mats

When we did that module it only made sense to have a page only for it, and as it was our first module, we probably have done it with some mistakes.
So it's probably our ignorance, not yours :)

Hi.

Thanks for this module.

However, there's no link to the FAQ page, making it useless and the page has no content, so I don't know where to put the data. Maybe in faq.tpl?

Any help?

The link is kind of the core of my discussion ;-) I think I'd like to have a ikon on top (like sitemap etc) for accessing the FAQ, not sure how to do that though.
You enter the Q&A;in the modules section in BO, (>>Configure)

/Mats

Mats:
Yes, it's a good idea to put a small logo in the sitemap bar, but clients expect to see the FAQ link in the Information box. I think it makes a lot of sense.

Hello, good modul !
But,
little bug, in BO, you can delete but not edit in PS V1.2.5

Hello, good modul !
But,
little bug, in BO, you can delete but not edit in PS V1.2.5

It was developed for the PS v1.1, I actually haven't tried it on 1.2.5.
I'll try to see what I can do in the next few weeks.

thanks for the module.

I tried to install it on prestashop1.2.4 (put respective files into their folders) and get the following warning

The following module(s) were not installed successfully:
faq

when I tried insert a question, an error occurred.

I am looking forward to your further update. Thanks buddy.

Cheers

Hello rafaxpto,

Very good module. Good job.

Can i participate to it to enhance your module and make a "real" module : just one folder to drop in the modules folder.

Say me if you're agree...

Regards,
Joel

Hello, rafaxpto
thank you for creating something so useful.
Obrigado por criar algo tão útil e dá-lo afastado para free.you fez boas graças novamente.
ken

Hello rafaxpto,

Very good module. Good job.

Can i participate to it to enhance your module and make a "real" module : just one folder to drop in the modules folder.

Say me if you're agree...

Regards,
Joel

Hello Sir,

Every help is very welcome!

Drop me a PM if you want to exchange contacts to make the work easier.

Cheers,

Yes Joel... it would be nice to take over and restructure it ...

Oui joel ça serait bien de le reprendre et de le restructurer ...

Every help is very welcome!

Drop me a PM if you want to exchange contacts to make the work easier.

PM sent !

@Ludo Merci pour les encouragements...

Thanks for the faq module but it isn`t working for me.
Is it made for standard prestashop default theme ??

I placed the files in the right directories and give the faq in module folder permission, i see the module in BO and i can install it but i see nothing on Front office.

I have try`t different positions in left colonm in top/header/footer but non show up, i am running prestashop 1.24 with a non default presta theme.
Any help is welcome.

Best regards.

ysco..

Thanks for the faq module but it isn`t working for me.
Is it made for standard prestashop default theme ??

I placed the files in the right directories and give the faq in module folder permission, i see the module in BO and i can install it but i see nothing on Front office.

I have try`t different positions in left colonm in top/header/footer but non show up, i am running prestashop 1.24 with a non default presta theme.
Any help is welcome.

Best regards.

ysco..

Go to /faq.php, it should be there.

Thanks rafaxpto for the fast reply.
Yes it is working now.

best regards

ysco..

With a little bit more work (integrating it into info block and maybe button at top) this will be an amazing module. I look forward to seeing what comes of it.

Hi,
you could greatly optimize your code (in page faq.php) by doing only one SQL request instead of N+1 (N is the number of questions). Just replace your code by :

<?php

include(dirname(__FILE__).'/config/config.inc.php');
include(dirname(__FILE__).'/init.php');

include(dirname(__FILE__).'/header.php');

$id_lang = intval($cookie->id_lang);

if ($faqs = Db::getInstance()->ExecuteS('SELECT `question`, `answer` FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.'faq_lang WHERE `id_lang`='.$id_lang))
{
   $smarty->assign(array('faqs' => $faqs));
}
else
{
   $smarty->assign(array('faqs' => array()));
}

$smarty->display(_PS_MODULE_DIR_.'/faq/faq.tpl');
include(dirname(__FILE__).'/footer.php');
?>

And by the way there is also a bug when you enter a quote character in a question or in an answer ....

Hi Joël and rafaxpto,

Many thanks for your efforts improve this module. Did you manage to merge those files into one folder? I will test it for you.

Cheers.

And by the way there is also a bug when you enter a quote character in a question or in an answer ....

I confirm that this bug is real and important. After entering a quote character, the block crashs.

I had 0.91 installed and working fine (except i couldn't modify any questions with PS 1.2.5). I try the new version (1.21) of the module and the accordion is gone. Am I missing something ??

here is my website if you need to check something : www.laboutiquedescopines.com/faq.php

I had 0.91 installed and working fine (except i couldn't modify any questions with PS 1.2.5). I try the new version (1.21) of the module and the accordion is gone. Am I missing something ??

here is my website if you need to check something : www.laboutiquedescopines.com/faq.php

[EDIT]
Ok...it works...just needed to totally uninstall before installing new one...

Thanks for your feedback... the version 1.2.2 must be better, some little debug and optimization.

PS: Upload your language file when you have translated this module in your language...

Hello Everyone,

Just a little announcement : I publish version 1.2.1 of FAQ Module. You can download it here : http://sourceforge.net/projects/modprestafaq/files/faq-1.2.1.zip/download

@dangee: Now the url is /modules/faq/faqs.php and not /faq.php. And your website is unavailable !

Hi. Works great, thank you.

It would be nice if we could change the position of the questions in the list.

Thanks newtc for your contribution...
I added your language file to the SVN repository !

I forgot something !
Message for all translators :
If you want to appear on traductors list. Upload your language file and give us your last name, first name and URL (or mail address).

Hello Rafa!

I translated your FAQ-Module into German. Wold be great if you integrate my translation into your Module or an additional language Pack.

Many thanks!

de.php

Many thanks Rumata for your contribution...

I just integrate your contribution in the SVN. You can checkout the project right now if you want.

Hi,
very nice module, but i am having a problem using it on prestashop v1.1, the right column and footer does not show on the "faqs" page, does anybody know of a fix ? (using faq module 121)

cerberus22

Just got around to testing this...
First I downloaded the latest version, cause I downloaded the first one earlier but never tried it out.

- I got a error when installing (could not install...) but when I tried it again it seems to have worked (same error though).

- When i edit a FAQ entry all å, ä, and ös get garbled, in the title (question) only. It works fine if I retype it so no biggie, but a liiittle irritating.

- All entries end up in a long list. In the first version the questions where lined up and the answer for a certain question didn't show up until a question was clicked, now everything is shown all the time.

PS 1.2.4.0

/Mats

Most of the above is solved by removing and reinstalling, however the problem with the Swedish characters å, ä, and ö in the question is still there.

/Mats

In gratitude for this great module, I offer Spanish translation, is the least we could do. Thanks for the great work.

Name: Michel Martins
Email: edmidimar @ gmail. com
Not yet finished my website =) to publish it here.

Greetings from Venezuela! :)

Translater_spanish_FAQ_Module_v-1.2.1_.zip

Moi j'ai un soucis, c'est qu'une fois, une question créée, quand je clique dessus, ça ne fait rien :/ Pourtant en local ça marche....

Ive a problem, when i click on buttton, there isnt answer.... So in local that's all right :s

I dont think, "localhost" is a right path for anyone else, than you ;) Its your local server path, but nobody else can access it.

Hello everyone,

I find some time for manage the module. So...

i am having a problem using it on prestashop v1.1, the right column and footer does not show on the "faqs" page, does anybody know of a fix ? (using faq module 121)

@cerberus22 : Can we have a screenshot to see the problem ?

problem with the Swedish characters å, ä, and ö in the question

@Mats : i hope this problem will be solved in next release. Can you send us our swedish file language when you translate the module ?

Ive a problem, when i click on buttton, there isnt answer.... So in local that's all right :s

@arnaud1900 : what is the version of the module and of your PrestaShop ? What browser do you use ?

Thanks to everyone for your support and comment. Many thanks to all translators...

I integrated the FAQ module in my last website creation. You see it in action here : http://barbiturik.com/shop/modules/faq/faqs.php
And I added a drop-down menu for direct access to question on the top...

Hello again,

I just made a new release for the module...

Version 1.2.2 is now available !

You can download it on sourceforge at this address : https://sourceforge.net/projects/modprestafaq/files/faq-1.2.2.zip/download

This is the CHANGELOG :
Erase all tables when uninstall module and add a warning before.
Create a template for hook top add an available hook on footer.
Optimize query for controller and display a message if none question is registered.
Add breadcrumb on dedicated page.
Change CSS classes name for avoid bug with generic class name.
Overwrite template faq.tpl if exists in current theme directory (/themes//modules/faq/faq.tpl).
Correction when updating a question and ameliorate multi-language support.
Update French translation. Thanks to me (Joel Gaujard) !
Add Indonesian language. Thanks to Zaid !
Add Russian translation. Thanks to Newtc !
Add German language. Thanks to Rumata !
Add Dutch translation. Thanks to Rob Vermelis !
Add Spanish translation. Thanks to Michel Martins !

Post here if you have any problem...

Hi Joël,

Here is the screen shot (no right column and no footer) I have tried your v1.2.2 and its the same.

At the moment I am using v0.1 of the faq, this version displays right column and footer but I cannot edit entries (I can only delete them) from the back office.

I am running prestashop v 1.1

Can you help ?

17522_M2IV7cp2NuwNTevOupyH_t

Hello everyone,

Thanks to Mats and Luigi for your translations. Now the module is translated in 10 languages :bug:

@cerberus22
Can you give me the URL of your website to see the problem ? And what browser do you use ?
I just tested the module on PrestaShop version 1.1.0.5 with default theme and not have the same problem.
You're right I can't edit a question and answer but just delete it. I think problem comes from RTE (TinyMCE) because an update has been made between PS 1.1 and PS 1.2.
Why do you use an old version of PrestaShop ?

Hi Joel and thanks for this module. I installed it and it works great.

I have 2 questions, which could also be further requests :

- is it possible to have 2 pages on a single website : I would like to use this module both for a faq page and a glossary page

- for my glossary page, I would like to sort terms alphabetically (by name, and not by "id").

Thanks for your reply.

Fred

Hi Fred,
This is my answers to yours questions :

- is it possible to have 2 pages on a single website : I would like to use this module both for a faq page and a glossary page
You need to duplicate this module if you want to 2 modules with same functionnalities.

- for my glossary page, I would like to sort terms alphabetically (by name, and not by "id").
A similar functionality is in TODO list but not planned to develop soon and not assign to someone. So feel free to develop it !
This functionality is to add category so you can use it for glossary, an other functionnality in TODO list is to sort questions. I don't know which one is better for your glossary.

Regards,
Joel

Thanks Joel for your answers.

I will try your suggestions and keep you posted.

Merci beaucoup !

Fred

Bonjour,

la FAQ ne semble pas prise en compte dans le plan du site (test local sur 1.3 alpha et idem sur barbiturik (je crois)).

Y'a t il du code à ajouter ? Suis-je passé à coté de quelquechose ?

Bonne idée/réalisation de module de mon point de vue !

@+

English translation

Hello,

the FAQ does not seem to be taken into account in the site plan (local test for 1.3 alpha and ditto on Barbiturik (I think)).

Is there some code to add? Am I missed something in?

Good idea / realization module from my point of view!

@ +

Hello thanron (please post in english)

No you're right. The FAQ page is not visible in sitemap because this sitemap is not dynamic (except for categories) so you can add a link to faq page in your template.

As you can see the strings inside database, can you please erase those < p > markups from the answer section?

19877_5sQYvILNBssl94FDcUzQ_t

already tried that html editor before your post. unfortunately not work at all. definitely a bug.

Not really a bug because this field is normally formatted for display. What do you want to remove all html code from the answer ? What's matter ?

Thanks so much jakubek.

I'll send you a PM to have your details for add them to translator list.

Thanks to all for your support.

This is a great module and regardless of the small problem I'm having with my configuration I will continue to use it. Thanks for the module.

I've read through this thread and haven't noticed anybody with the same issue I am having... I am using this module with the updated categories block module (from www.marghoobsuleman.com). Everything is fine, but when I navigate to the faq page the little arrows on the category block that expands the catergories with subcategories does not show the arrows. Everything else functions correctly and only the image of where the arrow is supposed to be is broken. Is there any easy fixes for this?

Also, is there anyway to run the faqs.php from the root folder instead of having to link through the modules folder? ie. www.mysite.com/faqs.php instead of www.mysite.com/modules/faq/faqs.php?

Thanks.

Hello mytheory.

Can you please give us the website link where that issue is happening?

To run the module from the root site you'd have to change the faqs.php file, or create a new rule on the htaccess.

Cheers

Bug in the V1.2.2

If entered the FAQ site, stop all flash block. If go out from FAQ, flash block working again.
I not have a writing PHP languages. Please help for solve.

All THX!

rafaxpto,

here is the url... https://mybeautymart.com/modules/faq/faqs.php

notice the categories block on the left side.

Because I am still updating the site, I usually don't have it enabled. In the hopes of you willing to take a look at it, I will have the shop enabled for the rest of the day.

Thanks for your help.

mytheory. - you need to change the path of the arrows to be relative to the domain of your website, and not relative to the page you are visiting.

Levi71 - I guess this also fixes your issue, change the path of the swf to be relative to the domain.

Cheers

EDIT: So this seemed to work until earlier today... but when I re-enabled my site the broken image links reoccurred. So Iguess this wasn't a good solution. Still working on it.

EDIT2 [sOLVED]: So the the trick is to enter the full URL to the right.gif instead of whatever file path. ie. 'http://www.mysite.com/right.gif'
---
Thanks!

Finally got it to work.. all is good!

To elaborate a bit further for those you might be using the updated cart module by marghoob suleman (www.marghoobsuleman.com)... you need to edit the ddsmoothmenu.js file from the modules folder. On line 13 (arrowimages) you need to change BOTH paths of the 'downarrowclass' AND 'rightarrowclass' to point to the root folder (in most cases this would just read 'right.gif'). This also means that you have to move/copy the right.gif image file from the modules folder to your root folder.

Originally, I was only changing the path of only one of these arrows resulting in no change... remember to change both paths!

Hope this helps... and thanks again rafaxpto!

hello,

very good module, really quite carried out.
However, I encounter a problem when I install it, the module functions correctly but the heading categories with missing, I do not have any more products: to see attached file.

The products appear correctly in the other pages of my site.

Can you help me?

Thank you very much

20371_PkubRIH2OEB18kaKdyfy_t

Hello ninus05,

Tell me about what module do you use for display heading categories... Can you send me your URL to see where comes from the problem ?

hello,

For reasons of confidentiality, I do not have the authorization to diffuse the URL as long as the site is not put on line.
For my category, I use the module: blockcategorieselya

I hope that will be able to help you

blockcategorieselya_02.zip

I use prestashop 1.2.5., but this module (1.2.2.) don't work,
because the answers are not seen..... If you click on is not seen nothing, and the module categories disappears.
Why ??
I do the test in local with Mamp.

21168_sEOlA9bOfgNTi6YBObWp_t

Hello,

Do you use a module for the module categories?
If so, go into the template and adds base_Dir {$base_dir} in the <head></head> whenever your module is set.

example: The line
[removed] </ script>

you replace by: [removed] </ script>

Hello,

Do you use a module for the module categories?
If so, go into the template and adds base_Dir {$base_dir} in the <head></head> whenever your module is set.

example: The line
[removed] </ script>

you replace by: [removed] </ script>

I have change the module caregories, and now the categories work, but the module faq does not work, see the screenshot, If I click with the mouse does not open the answer.
thanks

Help me, please!!!
this module is very important for me, I pay for resolved this problem.
Thanks.

21233_pA2eeesOfYOfXdeScjup_t