Hello prestamasters.
I am using Prestashop since 2014 and still adapting for my purposes.
Now I need only few more things to do and I will be pretty happy (and my CEO).

What about Individual shipping cost in cart?  I mean, we provide shipping wordwide but shipping cost is checked by weight, size and country.  And we will contact client by phone/mail to inform about pricing.
So for now I have delivery method called "individual" but in cart, price for that is "free".
How to hide that status from cart for this specific delivery method and if available set custom status for that order.

Thanks for helping!

I've developed a paid module for such purpose, you can try it on my demo site
http://prestanesia.web.id/contoh/basic/

It was developed for Indonesian people, so the language used on demo site is Indonesian language.

But the module can be use for all countries. (I named it postagedeterminedlater module)

Try to place an order on my demo site.
On order-carrier step you will see a lot of carrier options.
The 1st and 2nd carriers are offering free shipping (Indonesian lang = "Gratis"), while the rest of carriers options had a postage amount that will be determined/informed later (Indonesian lang = "Biaya kirim akan kami informasikan kemudian") .
You can select one and then continue to the next step to complete your order (select payment method and confirm).

If you choose free shipping carrier, then the usual Prestashop order flow will be used.
But if you choose carrier with postage amount that will be informed later, then the modified order flow will be used.
On order-confirmation page, you will see a notification that your total order not include postage (bold text) and then an email will be sent to you to confirm that your order has been completed successfully but you should wait for confirmation about your order postage before make a payment
Your order status was automatically set to "Awaiting postage amount information" (can bee seen on Order history page)

In the Back Office > Order > View Detail, there is an extra feature  (was added by this module) where you can update the shipping cost (default = 0).
If you update the shipping cost for this order, the system will also set order status to "awaiting for [bank name] payment" according to the payment method used for this order, and then automatically send order confirmation email (with shipping cost info) also send billing statement email (bankwire module)

Because this module packages has been published as a paid module, i can't describing here about how the module works.
Please contact me via private message if you're interested. Thanks

I forgot to mentions, this module will also hide shipping cost info on blockcart and cart summary which by default is displayed as "Free"

Edited by gonebdg - webindoshop.com (see edit history)

• 6 months later...