Performance with a lot of simultaneous access

I'm offering Prestashop solution to a customer, but I'm concerned with the solution performance when the website have a lot of simultaneous access.

They have around 500 products on list and around 10 product categories.

In medium they have around 400 simultaneous visitors, but they have peaks up 2000.

We'll use CDN solutions for static content and I'm quiet with the good hosting solution we have.

I really concerned with php, database and smarty performance with this quantity of simultaneous visitors.

I'm worried about bullshit? Is it quiet to Prestashop work with this demand?

Somebody have any experience with a similar situation like this?

And for finish, somebody have examples of sites that have a heavy traffic and continues working quiet?

Edited by claudiowochner (see edit history)

I want to use a Amazon AWS instance with high resources, but if necessary I can use a dedicated server with a fast Internet conection. Hardware isn't a problem. If necessary, I'll upgrade it.

We want to start the project on next week using Prestashop 1.6.0.6 version.

Thanks for the tip :)
So, do you really think that I can work quiet with a Prestashop solution having the prior mentioned demand of simultaneous visitors?

And, if you have, can you share a example of sites that have a heavy traffic and continues working quiet?

May I ask how you measured the simultaneous users? Maybe I think somehow wrong but when I do the math and lets say I am expecting "only" 400 users in a minute  it sums up to already over half a million visitors per day.

Imo Prestashop could handle that but out of curiosity - how many visitors/orders do they have a day?

How would you handle the orders?

You might want to do some synthetic benchmarks using apache bench

ab -c 20 -n 100 http://testsite

This simulates 20 concurrent users with 100 request and was no problem on my desktop machine here.

With 100 concurrent users the server gets to slow but my testsystem is really not optimized and I think they are edge cases.

All the best, Trip

• Like 1