Custom text field as product attribut

Hi there

I have a simple problem:

Let's say i sell basecaps in my shop. Buyers should be able, to type in their name into a textfield, so i can print them a custom cap. I didn't find any solution to have a simple custom text field as product combination. I'd need a product combination called 'Name' type:'Text field', but this wasn't implemented in Prestashop :(

I know, that i can add custom fields on a profuct itself, but to be honest, that looks ugly as hell and doesn't make sense..

Please check the attachement to see,what i'm trying to do.

Thanks for any solution!

Cheers

post-764242-0-11062900-1399986280_thumb.jpg

you can create only textbox

go to product edit page and open "customization" tab

add there "text field"t

hen you can move it in product.tpl file above the cart buton. (now it's in footer section (by default))

• 3 weeks later...

you can create only textbox

go to product edit page and open "customization" tab

add there "text field"t

hen you can move it in product.tpl file above the cart buton. (now it's in footer section (by default))

That doesn't work for me since the text i type in the field is not visible on the order :(

• 1 month later...

Did you get a solution for this. I need the same thing almost:

My requirement is:

I have a size attribute ( currently set as radio because I think it looks better than a select box (the options are standard and custom measurement)

If someone selects custom measurement (and only of they select it, so not appearing by default), Ideally I would like the customisation text box I have set in backend under product customisations) to appear just above the add to cart button on the product page .

I don't mind if the user has to press a 'save' button before they add the newly customised product to their cart but it would be better from a usablity point of view if they did not have to make multiple clicks!!

(I have read in other parts of the forum people have edited product.tpl and moved code to show product customisations text boxes above add to cart button) but wonder if someone could talk me through the whole process of making customisation text box only appear above add to cart button when someone selects the custom measurement radio button attribute? and making sure the contents of the customisation text box gets send with order

I am using 1.6.0.6 and default bootstrap theme

Thanks

D

• 1 month later...

Jason

Lucky to catch me! ;). I don;t have time to look up all the pages and things I changed but here is a quick summary and I'll tell you the site to look at

I moved the customisation section to appear just below the short description in product.tpl. I edited the CSS to style it how I wanted. I then altered the JS in product.js so that if someone selected a radio button for Custom measurement the customisation box fades in. The only thing I was not happy with is I had to keep the 'save' button on the customisation, so it has to be saved first before it is added to the cart. Not great UX but included some spinners and text feedback so user knows what to do. I reckon it could be changed to save the customisation and add to cart on the same call, but involved way too much alterations to the core for my liking

One issue was while viewing in mobile device user didn;t see the customisation box appear so I added JS to scroll to the place where the box appears. The validation even works but only if you set the customisations to 'required' which I could for about half of them, but half had other size option , which resulted in error for user if they didn;t select the custom measurement, if you follow

headscarvesbyciara.co.uk, go into caitlyn scarf for example and select custom measurement and you will see. This is a live site tho so please don;t play around too much and mess with my metrics!! :)

When I have more time i could answer any specific question you may have or share code I used

Good luck

Dave (headscarvesbyciara)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Jason

Lucky to catch me! ;). I don;t have time to look up all the pages and things I changed but here is a quick summary and I'll tell you the site to look at

I moved the customisation section to appear just below the short description in product.tpl. I edited the CSS to style it how I wanted. I then altered the JS in product.js so that if someone selected a radio button for Custom measurement the customisation box fades in. The only thing I was not happy with is I had to keep the 'save' button on the customisation, so it has to be saved first before it is added to the cart. Not great UX but included some spinners and text feedback so user knows what to do. I reckon it could be changed to save the customisation and add to cart on the same call, but involved way too much alterations to the core for my liking

One issue was while viewing in mobile device user didn;t see the customisation box appear so I added JS to scroll to the place where the box appears. The validation even works but only if you set the customisations to 'required' which I could for about half of them, but half had other size option , which resulted in error for user if they didn;t select the custom measurement, if you follow

headscarvesbyciara.co.uk, go into caitlyn scarf for example and select custom measurement and you will see. This is a live site tho so please don;t play around too much and mess with my metrics!! :)

When I have more time i could answer any specific question you may have or share code I used

Good luck

Dave (headscarvesbyciara)

Hi Dave,

I am so glad I stumbled across this thread! This is exactly what I am hoping to achieve!

Are you able to share the customizations you made with me or details the steps you took?

Thanks so much Dave,

Will.

Edited by wjbeckett (see edit history)