give browsers option to disable mobile theme

Hello there,

I am not very computer savy so would prefer to use back office tools as I am not very good at finding code on cpanel.

I was wondering if there was a way so that customers viewing our website on mobile have the option to disable the mobile them if they choose to?

Is this a possibility or potentially something in the works?

Thanks in advance

Jay.

Preferences / Themes

Enable the mobile theme.

I'd like to disable it, please.
I'd like to enable it only on smart phones.
I'd like to enable it only on tablets.
I'd like to enable it on both smart phones and tablets.

Allows visitors browsing on mobile devices to view a lighter version of your website.

Hello there,

I am not very computer savy so would prefer to use back office tools as I am not very good at finding code on cpanel.

I was wondering if there was a way so that customers viewing our website on mobile have the option to disable the mobile them if they choose to?

Is this a possibility or potentially something in the works?

Thanks in advance

Jay.

I understand that and have played around with those settings but it doesn't give people viewing my website the option to disable the mobile or lite view.

I would like to give people the option of remaining on the mobile platform or switching to the full version of the site.

Preferences / Themes

Enable the mobile theme.

I'd like to disable it, please.
I'd like to enable it only on smart phones.
I'd like to enable it only on tablets.
I'd like to enable it on both smart phones and tablets.

Allows visitors browsing on mobile devices to view a lighter version of your website.

Like button?

I understand that and have played around with those settings but it doesn't give people viewing my website the option to disable the mobile or lite view.

I would like to give people the option of remaining on the mobile platform or switching to the full version of the site.

Go to your ftp, and found this directory.

/httpdocs/themes/ YOUR THEME /mobile

when you view my website on a mobile phone there is no option to redirect to the full website.

This is the problem I am looking to fix. not sending people from the full site to mobile site.

• 6 months later...

I very much agree with perthjay85.

The shop-visitor should have the option to view the full site or the mobile site (just like it was with earlier Prestashop versions: it is the user that should be in the drivers seat and not bootstrap!

A typical example of one step forward, one step back, maybe even two steps back.

In the previous versions of Presatashop we had this user-option to choose the full site or the mobile site which could be enabled in the backoffice. Then a "view the full site" button was placed in the footer area.

I would love to have that back, because nowadays there are so many very tiny devices around with such am.amazing scaling possibilities and with a very sharp display too, that it seems a bit retarded to me to withhold such option.

Bootstrapping the 1.6 version must have been quite an effort for the Prestashop-team.

But bootstrap is not a purpose in itself. The visitor is prime. I want that button back!

My 5 cents

Edited by kashibabu (see edit history)