Disable left column on Cash on Delivery Valdiation PS 1.6?

Hello!

How I can disable left column on cash on delivery module in the validation order page?

The Theme config is set to off left column. 

validation.php is set to public $display_column_left = false;

But left column appears . Please see the picture:

post-105246-0-03574800-1399846814_thumb.jpg

post-105246-0-34012300-1399846821_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That module 'has been left behind'

It's missing a couple of things, as far as I can see.

Try opening cashondelivery.php, and add

$this->bootstrap = true;
$this->controllers = array('validation');

To the __construct method

• 1 month later...

I need it too. Does anyone know how to hide the left column?

For payment modules, I use this style directly on payment_execution.tpl file:

{literal}
<style type="text/css">
#module-yourmodule-payment #left_column, #module-yourmodule-payment #right_column {display:none}
#module-yourmodule-payment #center_column{width:100%}
</style>
{/literal}

This way,both columns.are diabled.

Agreed, but what's the best way to do it?  Tried your idea above but it didn't seem to make a difference.

I've disabled mine, but I've had to add the page id directly to the ps_meta table, and then add an entry to ps_theme_meta to disable the left/right column by default.

Module now appears in the advanced settings for the theme configuration, but I'm not sure I like the idea of meddling directly with the database to do this.

Shouldn't the module have added it's own values to these tables when installed?

Cheers

Cashondelivery module is Prestashop developed, I just turn those chaps on.  I wonder if this might be related to the upgrade to 1.6.x I've been using this module since 1.5.something, and all my environments have been slowly upgraded to 1.6.0.8.

I seem to be missing a LOT of entries in ps_meta & ps_theme_meta if modules and pages are supposed to be adding their entries automatically.

Ok, played around with it a bit on a test installation with my theme migrated.

If I uninstall, and reinstall, the entries are correctly created.  So my guess would be since I've been using this since an early 1.5 version, which would have been before these values, and left/right column config existed (?), then something has not been included during the upgrade to 1.6.  The modules aren't uninstalled prior to upgrade, just disabled and re-enabled (I use the 1-click upgrade module).

Maybe it's just because this module was fixed after I had already upgraded to 1.6.0.8.

A question then:

$this->bootstrap = true;
$this->controllers = array('validation');

Only modules that call these both these lines will configure themselves in ps_meta, or all modules should be in there, and these values just turn on the 'configurable' column?

Bootstrap should only enable responsiveness in the back office  as far as I know!

As for the other, it simply mentions the controllers which are part of the module :) Otherwise I believe they won't work (I can't recall just now)