Category and cart dropdown problem

Hi folks

I am new to prestashop , installed 1.6 and I am trying to learn the basics.

I have incountered a problem with the category and cart dropdowns.

They  work on the home page when hovering the curser but none of the others.

I don't think this is normal ? is it?  If not how can I fix this.

Thanks you for any help .

presta100

I have an issue with every single dropdown list on mobile/tablet theme running 1.6.0.6. Try this:

go into contact us, click on the subject heading and see what happens. Happens to me on stock theme! I read there is some dropdown issues in .js files but cant seem to find a solution. Someone please test this on their site.

vekia,

I thought you would come to the party:P

Is that tested on a real iphone 5 or a simulator? I have tested numerious sites running 1.6.0.6 on these forumns with my iphone5, galaxy S5 and nexus 5 and they all seem to have the same issue with the dropdown list. When i click on the dropdown, the list pops up for a split second and then hides stright away. So no chance of selecting anything. I will round up a list of presta sites i tested in a bit.

Can you give me a link to the site you tested and I will try it also.

Thanks, Without you i dont know what we would do..

ok, here is a few sites all with the same issue i have on my 3 mobiles:

http://ratu.lt

http://italianbridalshop.com

This site works but its wierd:

www.shop4play.com

- What happens with this site is when i click the date of bith, the screen zooms in a bit to locate the dropbox and the list pops up and dissapears. But if i click it again when the screen is stable it ok. This only works on the iphone5 though. On the other 2 android phones it doesnt work. The 2 above sites dont work at all.

Hope we can sort this out :)

www.swcoins.com   - Same issue here too

Heres another one that I have to click twice in order for it to work (iPhone only)

www.nekvapor.com

-This one on Android the list actually pops up for a bit longer than the other sites. I actually have just enough time to make a list selection amd click something but it doesnt actually select it.

The following actually works on both iphone and Android but only because its properly optimised for mobiles (you can see the format is much different from the others) And it also looks like it running 1.5.x.x. I dont think 1.6.x.x actually has the feature of standard mobile view like 1.5.x.x

www.vibestore.co.uk

So looks like i so far that all 1.6.x.x i test is ok, but 1.5.x.x seems ok.

I noticed something very interesting:

on the working one, if you make the list pop up and stay, swiping the top of the screen will hide the list. SO what i noticed is that when i select a list on the ones that dont work, the screen moves a bit thus auto hiding the list. So i wonder if there is a way to "lock" the screen position while you click on a list, this might fix it. No idea how to implement that though!

vekia,

I thought you would come to the party:P

Is that tested on a real iphone 5 or a simulator? I have tested numerious sites running 1.6.0.6 on these forumns with my iphone5, galaxy S5 and nexus 5 and they all seem to have the same issue with the dropdown list. When i click on the dropdown, the list pops up for a split second and then hides stright away. So no chance of selecting anything. I will round up a list of presta sites i tested in a bit.

Can you give me a link to the site you tested and I will try it also.

Thanks, Without you i dont know what we would do..

it's not similator it's real iphone with reflector software - it allows to capture screencast :-)

http://www.airsquirrels.com/reflector/

Reflector is an AirPlay receiver that allows you to wirelessly display your iPad or iPhone on your computer. Mirror your device on a big screen without wires or complicated setups. Play games, watch movies, demo apps or present on the big screen from your iPhone or iPad. With Reflector, everything you do on your mobile device is wirelessly streamed to your computer in real time!

benjy206 found that It doesnt work on Android stock browser, but works on Chrome browser on Android. Thanks benjy206!

I can get it working on Chrome and firefox browser on Android, but not on the stock one. I'm unning the latest version of Android KitKat. This works is only because the list shows as a pop-up instead of a list scrolling up from bottom.

Results so far:

iOS6 doesnt work on stock, Chrome or Mercury web browser

Android doesnt work on stock browser but works if you use Chrome, Firefox Safari or Dolphin browser for Android.

veikia is testing on iOS7 which works, but not sure what browser his using. Can you try stock Safari on iOS7 if you are not already using it?

Test sites that dont work on the above device/browser conditions:

http://ratu.lt

http://italianbridalshop.com

www.shop4play.com

www.swcoins.com

www.nekvapor.com

This site works on all conditions probably because its running 1.5.x.x and not running bootstrap:

www.vibestore.co.uk

Quote form a thread that seems related:

safari on iPhone only support click event for <a> and <input> element. See this passage Click event delegation on the iPhone.

Looks like the above leads towards a solution but having trouble trying to apply the workaround. Maybe some bootstrap savvy  people can get it to work.

Looks like we are getting toward a solution. This might explain some abandoned carts!

im using safari on my mobile devices

veikia is testing on iOS7 which works, but not sure what browser his using. Can you try stock Safari on iOS7 if you are not already using it?

so it's safari! on chrome the same, works very well

im using safari on my mobile devices

so it's safari! on chrome the same, works very well

So no problem with safari on iOS7? Not sure if you meant Safari and Chrome yeilded the same result.i.e they both work.

Do you have an Android that you can test with the stock browser?

on my iOS devices i checked your website with:

- chrome browser

- safari

on both browsers everything is okay.

and regarding to the android, yup i've got android device: galaxy tab 2 - with chrome browser there and it works there too.

on my iOS devices i checked your website with:

- chrome browser

- safari

on both browsers everything is okay.

and regarding to the android, yup i've got android device: galaxy tab 2 - with chrome browser there and it works there too.

We know Android works with chrome browser, but does the galaxy tab work with the stock browser? There should be an icon called "Internet" unless it comes stock with chrome..

• 4 weeks later...

Has this been resolved.  The only browser that has a problem is the Stock Blue Earth Browser on the Android that says "Internet".  Most people click that becuase it says internet.  It is on ALLLLLL 1.6 VERSIONS OF PRESTASHOP.  So everyone using 1.6 is losing money because this browser is not functioning properly.  Please fix.

We can't tell the customers which browser to use we just need to make sure what they are using works. 

Here is the stock website

http://prestashop1603.promokit.eu/index.php?id_product=5&controller=product&id_lang=1#/color-yellow/size-m

My site with same issue.

http://www.brickhouseboutique.com/dresses/166-paradise-awaiting-plus-maxi-dress.html

ONLY THE BLUE EARTH BROWSER ON ANDROID IS AFFECTED!

HELP

• 3 weeks later...

temporary fix:  i removed form-control from the drop down class, on line 344 of product.tpl

i'll have to do this for the date ones on the registration page, and anywhere else drops downs are. 

but there is something in the form-control css that is messing this up.  dunno yet.

i think that this can be solution for block top menu problems 

I fixed it looks like.  On or near line 83 of /modules/blocktopmenu/js/blocktopmenu.js (or the one in your corresponding theme directory if you made custom changes) you need to add a return false call to prevent it from firing twice.

Change this:

mCategoryGrover.on('click touchstart', function(){
        $(this).toggleClass('active').parent().find('ul.menu-content').stop().slideToggle('1');
    });

To this:

mCategoryGrover.on('click touchstart', function(){
        $(this).toggleClass('active').parent().find('ul.menu-content').stop().slideToggle('1');
        return false; // Add this to prevent double firing of click and touchstart events
    });

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/341371-category-top-menu-not-functioning-on-iphone-in-1608/

• 3 weeks later...

i think that this can be solution for block top menu problems 

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/341371-category-top-menu-not-functioning-on-iphone-in-1608/

I was having the same issue on my Iphone 4S in both Safari and Chome.  Vekia's solution has appeared to work.  I am now able to open the categories drop down, it stays open, and I can now select a link.

However, the complete directory that blocktopmenu.js was in was "themes/mytheme/js/modules/blocktopmenu/js/blocktopmenu.js".  I was a little confused at first because the root directory also has a modules folder that leads to a blocktopmenu.js file, which is blank.  I just wanted to clarify that for anyone else that might have been confused as well.

Thanks for the assistance Vekia.  You rock!

• 3 weeks later...

Has an actual patch been added to the latest version of PrestaShop 1.6 to resolve this issue?  I see that Vekia's fix was shared over a month ago, so I'm assuming that this fix has been submitted as a patch and has been added to the recent release, or at least has been added to the next scheduled release?  Please advise, as this issue seems to be apparent on multiple 1.6 sites that I've developed recently and I'm looking for formal resolution.  Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

provisional solution
locate file at /theme/js/autoload/15.jquery.uniform-modified.js
rename the remove method at the line 853
   noSelect($span, options);
       return {
           remove: function () {  <-------for example rename remove by no-remove
                      // Remove sibling span
                            $span.remove();

// Unwrap parent div
                            $el.unwrap().unbind(options.eventNamespace);
                            return $el;
                        },

• 1 month later...