Blog

Hi, i started out 1.6.06 with a purchased theme but since i feel that the behaviour of the default bootstrap theme is way better i am thinking about using this as starting point and customize it

About blog functionality... in the purchased theme the blog was in homepage but when reverting to the default theme i do not see it (probably not set up as default?) 

When i go to simple blog in back end (which i suppose is the blog functionality) i get a warning message and i can not do anything

Is the blog theme related or is it a Prestashop functionality? If the latter is true, how can i use it (or where to find info)

I don't think - almost sure - there's a built-in blog functionality in Prestashop. You need a module. Or you can run, say Wordpress, in a subdomain and put a link to it in top menu.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question about Blog and Prestashop.

Is it better to have a solid blog platform like Wordpress in a subdomain (blog.mydomain.com) or have a module isntalled in prestashop?

As far as I can see, I see more problems trobleshooting blog modules installed in prestashop than in wordpress subdomain.

What is your opinion?

Thanks.

@rasfonseca

It depends on you. Lots of people using use blog inside Prestashop without any issue. If you spend some money and use support from blog author dedicatedly or purchase any premium blog from Prestashop. That blog support team will help you to solve any issue arise.

All depends on costing.  Free module you can use but any complex issue you need to solve.

Wordpress is a popular proven blog platform. There is some limitation on  wordpress for prestashop user.

1. You need to purchase separate module to show wordpress post on your prestashop and link with product

2. Your blog design will not look like your shop. In that case you need to work more.

where blog inside your prestashop help you to use same design and same login :)

Only spend some money for custom work or premium module, will help your lots of time :)